Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnet's 20 Marshall,

Anyone elce impressed with the way he performed?

He was very qwick, and was always asking for the ball out wide, his crossing at times was not to shabby either, could be worth a look at, would be able to pick him up for no more then 15-25k i'd say

Comments

• Options
    If we bought every player that had a good game against us we'd have a squad of about 29,000.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Obviously wouldn't just buy him on that one performance but I think he's definitely one to keep an eye on. I said to Redarmyse7 how good he looked.
  • Options
    I don't think we'd sell him for 15-25k considering all players we sell to higher league clubs sell for considerably more! He is quick land does frighten opposition but can be frustrating with his final ball, I think L2 is his level.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: barnet88[/cite]land does frighten opposition

that pesky slope eh?
  • Options
    I've commented on a couple of other threads that Marshall impressed me.

Francis coped well with him considering that he is not the quickest and the ref warned him very early on in the first half.
  • Options
    I did say ''Keep an eye on him'' i know where not going to sign a player after one game ...
  • Options
    according to wiki he came through the ranks at carshalton athletic so he'd settle in ok!
  • Options
    I was impressed by him and also their number 9 (Kabba, was it?).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]If we bought every player that had a good game against us we'd have a squad of about 29,000.

The dug out would be rather full, and ST holders would be locked out.
  • Options
    Was not there last night but the two times I have seen Barnet play Charlton (last week and last seasons friendly), the one Barnet player who has impressed is the keeper Jake Cole. Think he could play at a higher level despite Barnet being at the bottom and seemingly struggling to keep clean sheets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Marshall was released by Swindon Town at the end of last season, according to the programme for the pre-season friendly at Barnet in July. He played well in that game and caught the eye, which was why I read the programme notes on him, but was on trial during that period and obviously trying to impress to earn a contract. Whereas Charlton were using the game as a pre-season fitness exercise and werent at 100%.

He threatened and used his pace well last night, but I thought Francis handled him reasonably well.

He's very similar in style and build to Kyle Reid, so no point having two players of similar style in the squad, especially with our limited resources. He'd be third in line behind Jackson & Reid for a place on the left side of midfield. Anyway, Swindon would have kept him if he was capable at Third Division level.
  • Options
    he played well, also reacted well to a bit of stick he got and gave us a smile.
  • Options
    He might be worth a watch but he doesn't seem to be doing much to keep Barnet off the bottom of league 2.
  • Options
    I was impressed by him.

Barnet try and hit a spinning ball into the corner so it looks as if it has been overhit and is going out - but he has the speed to get to it and keep it in for a cross.

He did look as though he gets easily frustrated though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]He might be worth a watch but he doesn't seem to be doing much to keep Barnet off the bottom of league 2.

He must be rubbish if he's not winning games single-handed.

;o)
  • Options
    yes, was a general point that we may have made Barnet as a whole look better than they actually are. The league suggests they are no great shakes.
  • Options
    I thought he played well, but is he better than Reid or Jackson?! Not for me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Was not there last night but the two times I have seen Barnet play Charlton (last week and last seasons friendly), the one Barnet player who has impressed is the keeper Jake Cole. Think he could play at a higher level despite Barnet being at the bottom and seemingly struggling to keep clean sheets.
    He impressed me in the cup this season.