Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Centre Back Roster Depth

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
I think we have the deepest centre back depth chart in the league 1. Here is my pecking order and i think our 5th best CB could start for half the teams in league one.
What is your pecking order? Is there another League 1 team out there that has a deeper Centre Back roster then us ???

1- Dailly (c)
2- Doc
3- Fortune
4- Llera
5 -Mambo

Comments

• Options
    I'd probably agree with the order, although a fully fit Fortune would go up at least one spot. Not sure I agree that Mambo would wander into most (or indeed any) League One squads. Only seen him play once, so really basing that on how he did on loan. Llera's a funny one, sometimes class, sometimes a disaster area. He'd definitely get into a few squads in this league, but I think he'd always be a fringe player with the top teams because of the consistency issue.
  • Options
    Matt Fry is a centre back as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick16[/cite]Charlton Centre Back Roster Depth

For a promotion chasing League one team, I'm sure a couple of them at the moment are out of their depth.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]Matt Fry is a centre back as well.

He can play CB, but he is preferrred at LB. If we were considering Fry as a true CB, then he would go 3rd Behind Doc.
  • Options
    He was origanally a centre back, he played there for Gillingham, we made him into a left back. He is improving every game there.
  • Options
    Dailly, doherty and fortune on paper are as good as any in this league. And with the recent clean sheets are showing it

Before the Brighton game we were making a defensive error every game and it was costing us.
  • Options
    1) Dailey
    2) Forch
    3) Doc
    4) Mambo
    5) Llera

With Fry and Semedo as cover
  • Options
    Matt Fry has recently said that the position he would like to play is CB.
    Playing at LB is something he is learning.
    That plus the peformance Vs. Notts County says he is a definate CB Option perhaps he should be considered ahead of Llera.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]Matt Fry has recently said that the position he would like to play is CB.
    Playing at LB is something he is learning.
    That plus the peformance Vs. Notts County says he is a definate CB Option perhaps he should be considered ahead of Llera.
    I think I'd prefer Phil Chapple at CB over Llera
  • Options
    i honestly thought we had a youngster called Roster Depth when i opened this thread

hangs head
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Talal[/cite]i honestly thought we had a youngster called Roster Depth when i opened this thread

hangs head
    Yeah. It's all a bit yank innit? I'vee never heard of a football team having a 'roster' before - probably something to do with some football management game on the Playstation or some malarkey
  • Options
    Dailly- obviously would not swap Dailly for anyone in League 1.
    Doc- very slow but experienced, excellent in the air and one of the better CBs in L1.
    Fortune- only just behind Doc. However due to lack of fitness/games this season harder to judge.
    Fry- impressed at CB v Notts County, favoured position aswell, Could be long term position.
    Semedo- Don't get me wrong am not advocating a change of position, he is one of the best CMs in the league, but in an emergency like last season around xmas, would not worry about Semedo playing there.
    Llera- made my feeling clear before, he is a clown and always likely to cost us a goal, despite his excellent attitude according to Parky.
    Mambo- we'll see, has not pulled up any trees on loan but he has the physical attributes. Looked better at RB in pre season.
    Jenkinson- again we will see, but he seems to have decent pedigree (Finnish Youth Captain) and can play RB/CB.
  • Options
    Or the fact Leroy that the right honorable addick16 is American.

Bet he loves our goal tenders !
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Talal[/cite]i honestly thought we had a youngster called Roster Depth when i opened this thread

hangs head
    Yeah. It's all a bit yank innit? I'vee never heard of a football team having a 'roster' before - probably something to do with some football management game on the Playstation or some malarkey

hahaha lets all have a good laugh at the yank addick16 ... nah im just kidding, i dont mind the stick
    my input is considerable, my knowledge admirable, my distance international