Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky on Reid....

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
From the SLP

Before he got injured, Kyel had put in two outstanding performances,” said Parkinson. “I just detected in training in the last week that his confidence levels had dropped and there was no reason why they should have.

“He hadn’t done anything wrong, but while he was injured the team started doing well and he has found getting back into the side difficult.

“He got cramp towards the end of the game against Barnet on Tuesday but his fitness levels will have come on from the game and the Southend United match the week before.”

Comments

• Options
    I sat behind the dugout for the Barnet game....Parky & Kinsella were constantly telling Reidy where to be and what to do. Struck me that he's not an intelligent footballer, albeit a skillful one.
  • Options
    Or maybe he is an attacking player who needs to learn the defensive duties of playing on the wing. Parky and Kinsella being the teachers.
  • Options
    Or maybe, they had asked him to play to a different game plan - and they were just keeping him on his toes.
  • Options
    kyel reid with a point to prove can only be a good thing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]kyel reid with a point to prove can only be a good thing

aye
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Arry Addick[/cite]I sat behind the dugout for the Barnet game....Parky & Kinsella were constantly telling Reidy where to be and what to do. Struck me that he's not an intelligent footballer, albeit a skillful one.

So was I (first half anyway)

Hope you weren't one of the muppets in the wrong seat who stopped me seeing much of the opening few minutes :-)
  • Options
    Reid's a watchable player without a doubt but from a coaches point of view he must be frustrating because he struggles when we don't have the ball. He'll also frustrate because he has a tendency to ignore the simple pass...which causes trouble when he does it in our own half and annoys teamates when he does it further up the field. But he's a consistent attacking threat and if he can make a couple of adjustments to his game, he'll stand a good chance of being effective at a higher level. A bit like Lee Martin, he's a player with a lot of potential.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Or maybe, they had asked him to play to a different game plan - and they were just keeping him on his toes.[/quote]

He was being told to track back when not in possession...was told where to stand when they had a corner...etc etc
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite][quote]Hope you weren't one of the muppets in the wrong seat who stopped me seeing much of the opening few minutes :-)[/quote]

No I didn't see that...guy two rows in front was constantly given Parky grief about how poor Abbott was...Parky had a go back every now & then!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]Reid's a watchable player without a doubt but from a coaches point of view he must be frustrating because he struggles when we don't have the ball. He'll also frustrate because he has a tendency to ignore the simple pass...which causes trouble when he does it in our own half and annoys teamates when he does it further up the field. But he's a consistent attacking threat and if he can make a couple of adjustments to his game, he'll stand a good chance of being effective at a higher level. A bit like Lee Martin, he's a player with a lot of potential.

In his defence he was often up to the box on a break, looks up and has no support - hard to pick a pass then. More likely Parky is using "confidence" as an excuse to justify Kyle spending more time on the bench. He can hardly say "we look more solid defensively with Jacko but I don't know why". It was interesting that France last night had their wide men defending 10-15 yards in from the touchline and consequently we couldn't find a way through - this is what Jackson does and Reid/Waggy don't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Arry Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Or maybe, they had asked him to play to a different game plan - and they were just keeping him on his toes.

He was being told to track back when not in possession...was told where to stand when they had a corner...etc etc

Fair enough, Arry.

But we were playing a 4-3-3 which isn't our normal formation, so some players might need reminding of their tasks.