Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Elliot on recent form....

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
From the SLP

I’ve always said clean sheets don’t necessarily mean you’ve played well but it is a good reflection on the team,” said Elliot. “We’ve had five in our last six games and a few before that and the one goal we did concede in that time was a free-kick.

“It’s nice to have personal milestones but you can look through the record books and there are keepers who have managed long runs without conceding who you’ve never heard of.

“It’s always good to have these things by your name but the main thing is you’re being consistent and playing well.

“I’m in a little patch of good form at the moment. Is it the best of my career? Well, I’ve always thought of myself as a consistent goalkeeper. I shouldn’t be judged on the number of saves I make but the number of mistakes I make. I had a little blip at Southend and Colchester last year but most games have been fault-free in terms of direct errors leading to goals.

“When you look at the greats you remember them for the mistakes they didn’t make - people like David Seaman, Peter Schmeichel. That’s my aim, to be consistent every week. The gaffer tells me to give him seven out of 10 in every match and if I do that it will take me and Charlton a long way.”

Comments

• Options
    Our turn around in form all over the pitch has been a marvel to behold. A confident goalkeeper is worth his weight in gold.
  • Options
    elliot's worth a few bob then!
  • Options
    Its all about the CLEAN SHEETS !

Being a defender myself, thats my favorite stat in the book!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]A confident goalkeeper is worth his weight in gold.

agreed and long may this purple patch continue, if he keeps this form up, which is easily his best for us, we will be promoted
  • Options
    Really pleased for Robbie that he seemingly has gone up a level in terms of performances and found a decent amount of consistency. If you assess his performances this year, there are only a couple of goals he perhaps could have done better with but touch wood, no real howlers. As I have said before, there are not many better in the division and at his age, there is plenty of time still to improve and play at a higher level albeit with Charlton we hope.

Just hope, he keeps injury free and keeps the weight down.
  • Options
    Sounds like PP is guiding him well.
    Similar to the positive message put out by Benno in his column.
    Nice.
  • Options
    I've always liked Elliot, ever since seeing him for the first time for Accrington at Woking. I think this is a very mature attitude and bodes well for him.
  • Options
    really like robbo, and now fear he will be one of those gone if we do not gain promotion.
  • Options
    [quote]
    agreed and long may this purple patch continue, if he keeps this form up, which is easily his best for us, we will be promoted[/quote]

he's not changing his bloody jersey colour again is he? Pink with purple patches? WTF?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DartfordAddick[/cite]really like robbo, and now fear he will be one of those gone if we do not gain promotion.[/quote]

Now - go to your happy place!