Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks boss warns fans against Yeovil complacency

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/8675368.Addicks_boss_warns_fans_against_Yeovil_complacency/

Comments

• Options
    Same could be said of the players...
  • Options
    all the time wear in division 3 i will never become complacent, dont worry about that parky!
  • Options
    We've all been supporting Charlton long enough to know we can't be complacent against anyone.

Parky needs to concentrate on firing the players up for this one although am hoping the confidence gained with recent results will be taken into this game.

Yeovil will be scrapping for their lives and our lot need to be ready.
  • Options
    None of us who watched the Barnet match will be complacent!
  • Options
    Parky make this point:

“It is important our supporters do not turn up just expecting an easy win.

They have a big part to play on the day in creating an atmosphere and I’m sure they will do that.”
  • Options
    Expect the usual boo's if we are not 1-0 up or more by half time. Sorry Parky, the morons overide the realists at our Valley.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Same could be said of the players...

agreed. How can a Charlton fan ever become complacent ? It's in the very nature of supporting Charlton not to be.
  • Options
    We couldn't beat a conference team at home when we were a premier league side, so i certainly won't turn up expecting us to beat one now we're in league one.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]We couldn't beat a conference team at home when we were a premier league side, so i certainly won't turn up expecting us to beat one now we're in league one.[/quote]

Hmmm yh thats why we finished 7th in the prem one year
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Expect the usual boo's if we are not 1-0 up or more by half time. Sorry Parky, the morons overide the realists at our Valley.

Honestly, how many times has this actually happened?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Expect the usual boo's if we are not 1-0 up or more by half time. Sorry Parky, the morons overide the realists at our Valley.[/quote]

Honestly, how many times has this actually happened?[/quote]

At Least half the home games each season for the last 2-3 years.
  • Options
    Well lets get the players fired up then! I for one will be damaging my voice that day for sure!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Same could be said of the players...[/quote]

agreed. How can a Charlton fan ever become complacent ? It's in the very nature of supporting Charlton not to be.[/quote]

You don't think we* (meaning you lot!) got complacent in the PL?!

If anyone boos on Saturday at half time, failing a performance akin to 11 Ralph Milne's, I'll probably not come back for a while. And it won't be because of the players!!

(Jimmy would like to point out that the above threat is an empty threat, and he'll most probably be back for the next home game regardless)
  • Options
    If people boo at half time if we are not winning, then that will take the piss.
  • Options
    I intend to boo if we are only winning 3-0 at half time because that will be worse than Peterboro'.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Same could be said of the players...

Agreed that's more to the point.
  • Options
    I think it's reasonable of Parky to appeal to the fans. We do get complacent when we expect to win, surely that's not a surprise to anyone? It transmits to the players so we need to retain a level of tension to get behind the team and not be impatient when we don't roll over teams we should beat.

I'm sure he is trying to stop the players being complacent too but it's interesting that he sees the fans as part of that. I think he's quite right. It's a cliche but there are no easy games and some people will look at Yeovil as a pushover, which they are not.

Does anyone seriously think he hasn't thought of telling the players???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bloodnut[/cite]all the time wear in division 3 i will never become complacent, dont worry about that parky!

All the time we are Charlton i will not become complacent. ;)
  • Options
    I think I'll get in early tomorrow and booo the warm up