Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dailly's dismissal...(Confirmed: No Appeal)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fortune all the way over Llera, Despite looking shaky against Barnet in the cup, Fortune has done ok in his other games including against Yeovil.

Despite initially going mental at the ref for what seemed like a ridiculous decision (sitting close to the incident it was hard not to rant at the ref, the lino and the Yeovil player), watched it on the football league show and can see why the ref made the decision. However the Yeovil players did not help and maybe helped the ref make up his mind.

Still think we should appeal, 4 games is a lot of time to be without Dailly and the fact both Breaker and Skiverton questioned it after suggests we have a decent chance at appeal. Dailly not the type to intentionally elbow whilst it did look like a clash of heads more than anything.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Fortune or LLera is the question...

Hope that was a joke ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Fortune or LLera is the question...

Hope that was a joke ;)
    Some questions have easy answers
  • Options
    Sitting in the north upper it was his nut, the joke of it all is the lino 5 yards away and didnt have an idea either way!!
  • Options
    One thing is certain in my mind, and that is that the man has not yet been born who could get every decision right in a professional football match, bearing in mind the play acting, cheating and harrassment by other players that we see. This means that technology such as that used in Rugby might be the only answer, but lets remember that at the moment we can't afford to have our screen working, along with probably a majority of the lower league Clubs.
    Now here's one of my more outlandish suggestions. We have all seen the Police bursting into houses on drug raids etc with camera's in their caps recording everything they encounter, why not the referees ? They could then replay what they have seen and take time to assess before making a decision. It would also show any approaches made to the Referee by players, and perhaps record what was said at the time, and might just persuade players to behave better on the pitch. It would also help the FA assessors etc to run through the tapes in order to judge the Referee's performance generally. We all keep saying that referees need to improve, so why not. I await your abuse.
  • Options
    Agreed that you can't be to critical on the ref for missing the incident but it should be good enough for him that both the Yeovil boss and player have said it was a clash of heads. He could change it to a booking as Dailly's arm was up and common sense will have prevailed. But there is my bigg beef with refs- he won't because they don't use common sense. Far from ridiculing him, changing his decision would bring him respect but the reffing hierachy believe that owning up to mistakes undermines them. They are out of touch with supporters and the game itself.
  • Options
    Anyone heard if we have made an appeal yet? Just wondered if we have seeing as we have a game tomorrow.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2010
  • Options
    Some good ideas there Grandpa. I don't see why our non-working screen would be a problem - all they need to do is hook the camera up to one of the numerous TVs scattered round the place - only the ref and officials need to see it, not everyone in the ground.
  • Options
    Time for Fortune to stay fit and step up to the plate. Hopefully it can benefit Doc with the pace there now and it's always helped Fortch having a "blocker" by him.

If Fortune gets injured, in comes Fry and back goes Jackson.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Time for Fortune to stay fit and step up to the plate. Hopefully it can benefit Doc with the pace there now and it's always helped Fortch having a "blocker" by him.

I've long defended Jon Fortune here and on netaddicks in the past but I fear he has lost his pace since he ruptured his achilles.
  • Options
    I blame Choice.

If he'd been filming in the Covered End we'd have video evidence
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]We're not appealing, confirmed on OS.

http://www.cafctv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2227627,00.html

Right decision I think. I don't think Dailly was intentianally trying to hurt the guy, and I think it was the clash of heads that did the damage, but it's a bit of a clumsy challenge and looking at the video replays there's sufficient justification for the refs decision that it was never likely to be over turned. You've got to have an open and shut case to get appeals upheld and we don't have one of them.

Forch ain't a bad option to have as cover at this level so we should be alright, just as long as we don't have to resort to Llera and Doc at any point!
  • Options
    Dailly (over a whole season) would have needed resting anyway, so that's that out of the way then! Cheers Ref!!

The games (on paper) should be winable without Dailly, not a lot of threat in those teams you would think.

I suspect Parky is looking at it that way, accept it and move on, it's not worth Dailly missing Southampton at home for sure, due to a delayed/frivolous appeal
  • Options
    I worry about our defence without Dailly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]I worry about our defence without Dailly.

I know what you mean but on paper we still have two centre halves with Premiership experience even if neither are the quickest anymore.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Time for Fortune to stay fit and step up to the plate. Hopefully it can benefit Doc with the pace there now and it's always helped Fortch having a "blocker" by him.

Spot on. And Reid comes in at wide left for Jackson.

Reid ... he's the new Fortune.
  • Options
    Understandable decision given the FA's previous treatment of our "frivolous" appeals. Pretty pathetic that even with the testimony of the opposing player and manager in our favour we still run the risk of being ruled against again. The Fa really is a joke - perhaps we should send the appeal documents in on Manchester United headed notepaper, they seem to have a different rulebook for them.

Cracking idea by Granpa about the head cameras for refs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]Understandable decision given the FA's previous treatment of our "frivolous" appeals. Pretty pathetic that even with the testimony of the opposing player and manager in our favour we still run the risk of being ruled against again. The Fa really is a joke - perhaps we should send the appeal documents in on Manchester United headed notepaper, they seem to have a different rulebook for them.

Cracking idea by Granpa about the head cameras for refs.

The fact that a club should have to appeal at all is ridiculous. Why can't the FA just look at every red card and retrospectively correct it if necessary? Must be the 'undermining refs' line again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    The fact that a club should have to appeal at all is ridiculous. Why can't the FA just look at every red card and retrospectively correct it if necessary? Must be the 'undermining refs' line again.

Exactly. And no reason why the ref himself can't put in his match report that he thinks he might have made a mistake. Presumably he's aware that both the Yeovil manager and the Yeovil player involved have stated that it was a clash of heads rather than an elbow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]Cracking idea by Granpa about the head cameras for refs.

didn't they 'mic up' david ellery in the late 80's for a documentary to show what refs have to put up with?
    i seem to recall tony adams effing and blinding in a match against millwall (i think).
  • Options
    You aint got dimentia Granpa, top idea!
  • Options
    Personally I think we should have appealed, even if it was deemed frivilous (which I doubt it would have been- clash of heads clearly) the extra game would be the Brentford cup game, where he may not have played anyway as he is now missing:

Bristol Rovers
    Luton
    Rochdale
    Luton replay but probably Walsall

then Brentford JPT.

These games may seem winnable but 3 points/clean sheets are far from easy in this division and so were:

Oldham, Exeter, Daggers and Brentford when Dailly was missing and we did not win any of those. He is vital to the team and the defence. He will be greatly missed.
  • Options
    Think you find out what refs position is- if he says for example- I would have sent him off anyway for leading with elbow- you know you have no chance. Suspect it was this what clinched it. Refs are a disgarce at the moment and yes we do need them and yes it is hard out there but they get paid and I don't know why people defend some of these clowns.
  • Options
    I think before the previous appeals Parkie took advice from referees association (I think) and previously they advised to appeal,suspect that thye did the same this time and were told there was no chance.
  • Options
    Yes Kap thats excactly what happened
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]Dailly (over a whole season) would have needed resting anyway, so that's that out of the way then! Cheers Ref!!
    He didn't last season. He's one of our fittest players.
  • Options
    So, both players say it was heads, both managers say heads, and the TV doesn't prove it either way, yet we are still too worried about appealing!

Doesn't this sound a bit silly!?
  • Options
    Because the only way you appeal is if you know the ref is going to aggree or it looks a ridculous decision. If you appeal outside of these perameters you risk an additional punishment. The FA hates appeals as refs make too many errors for them to adjuducate on them all. Unfortunately the biggest crime if you are a ref is to get a big decision wrong. I think the best ref gets it wrong and learns from it and puts his hands up but the system is more likely to punish them for this -judged by ref assesors who made their fair share of errors when they reffed btw. So in these situations the ref looks again at the incident with a view to showing he was right, not doing the right thing. He can accept it was heads but say Dailly led with his arm and would of been sent off for that anyway. Of course he was sent off for an elbow in the face which is not what happened. Look at the refs strike in Scotland- It was proven that the ref lied about the reason for giving a decision for the same reason - Celtic understandably called for the ref to be banned and the refs are up in arms abd threaten a strike.

What we needed was for the football league show to focus on it and show it was harsh but to much to ask for that shower. Slag off our pies by all means but correct a wrong decision- no way. If this had happened appeal would probably have suceeded. It stinks!