Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Breacker's 'words' with Reidy

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
Sat in the library that is the West Lower today, just behind the dugout. Anyone else sit anywhere round there hear what Reidy's slanging match with Breacker was about? I'm guessing it was because he had a bit of a cob on about being subbed - he didn't look too happy about it, but Breacker tore into him, effing and blinding about something when he went to sit down. Anyone have a better view of it than me?

Comments

• Options
    nowt wrong with a bit of passion and not wanting to come off....saw Breacker push him into the dugout.
  • Options
    Reidy was subbed off and didnt look to happy about and asked why hed been subbed. Breaker then pushed him into the dugout and told him to f*** o**
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eastbourne addick[/cite]Reidy was subbed off and didnt look to happy about and asked why hed been subbed. Breaker then pushed him into the dugout and told him to f*** o**

got to be more to it than that, that's straight from the David Brent school of bad management if true...
  • Options
    Lots happens on and off the pitch during the match and then they kiss and make up later, I'm sure whatever happened in the heast of the moment will be sorted in the quiet of the dressing room, I would not worry too much about it.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: eastbourne addick[/cite]Reidy was subbed off and didnt look to happy about and asked why hed been subbed. Breaker then pushed him into the dugout and told him to f*** o**[/quote]

If thats the case, then Breaker needs a slap!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: eastbourne addick[/cite]Reidy was subbed off and didnt look to happy about and asked why hed been subbed. Breaker then pushed him into the dugout and told him to f*** o**

If thats the case, then Breaker needs a slap!
    You going to do it? Breacker could clean the floor with you fella - he's harder than a coffin nail. Besides, Reid was playing pony and deserved to be subbed.
  • Options
    Why is Breaker in the wrong then? If Reid had played poorly and then had the temerity to ask why he was bought off Breaker was well within his rights to show contempt for the question
  • Options
    I think thats brilliant, shows passion all round.

Kiss and make up after the game and everyones a stronger person. Sorted.
  • Options
    Well, it WAS the right desicion FULL STOP. We won the game due to the reshuffle. Good management and Reid was a passenger at the time. He needed to be told to shut up!

Reid obviously feels his place in the starting line-up is in doubt (after our recent performances without him) so I can understand his frustration, but he has to answer to that on the pitch - yesterday he didn't!
  • Options
    What kap said
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Reid said "why do you want to pull me off" and breakers push was done in the vein of "Oh you are awful but I like you"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I think Reid said "why do you want to pull me off" and breakers push was done in the vein of "Oh you are awful but I like you"

Lol

The Deepest darkest Blog says that breaker was swearing at a spectator anyone else see this or is he confusing it with the Reid incident? http://addickman-deepestdarkest.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: eastbourne addick[/cite]Reidy was subbed off and didnt look to happy about and asked why hed been subbed. Breaker then pushed him into the dugout and told him to f*** o**[/quote]

If thats the case, then Breaker needs a slap![/quote]
    You going to do it? Breacker could clean the floor with you fella - he's harder than a coffin nail. Besides, Reid was playing pony and deserved to be subbed.[/quote]

I said needs a slap....from somebody LOL! not me no, hes a big boy haha
  • Options
    Well, I was in the West Stand - it certainly looked like Breacker was having a go ar Reidy and not a spectator. I was shocked - it looked like a serious bust-up to me so I hope they do kiss and make up.
  • Options
    Deffo directed at Reid. Not sure where the spectator things come from. A few back and forths between the Yeovil bench and fans in the West Lower though!
  • Options
    I was sitting right behind the dugout with my 5 year old son and we heard every word! Reid ask why me? and Breacker flew into an ranting swearing rage and was told by a few around me to calm down! There must be some history with those two to have sparked a reaction like that.
  • Options
    i love this thread and am now a fully fledged breaker fan this is what this club has been crying out for active passion keep up the good work !!!
  • Options
    Just out of interest, because i couldn't tell from my east stand position, who did reid run to when he scored on tuesday?
    Its good to see some passion, and it he did go to breacker then that shows that there is no poor relationship, but i dont know who he did go to.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Folev the red[/cite]Just out of interest, because i couldn't tell from my east stand position, who did reid run to when he scored on tuesday?
    Its good to see some passion, and it he did go to breacker then that shows that there is no poor relationship, but i dont know who he did go to.

i think it was the physio
  • Options
    Yea, Reidy ran to Eroll Umut (spelling?), the trainer/physio, when celebrating on Tuesday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Said it on another thread. Reid had no business arguing with anyone about being subbed.

He had little or no influence on the game yesterday and he failed to give Francis any sort of protection.

Personally would have taken him off at half-time as he doesn't look fit.

He isn't going to move Jackson from the left at the moment, so he is just going to have to learn to be patient. When he gets a chance he is also going to have to perform a hell of a lot better than he did yesterday if he wants to stay in the side.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I agree with Clem that he should accept that he wont move JJ from the left.
    But a player like Reidy needs to be involved somewhere in our side.

His best work is in an attacking position and that fact coupled with the fact that Joe's pace with Benno up front seemed to work really well makes me wonder whether Reid could play up front ?
    I think a player of his pace and ability could slot in upfront with no problems.

Saying that it is merely an option as I wouldn't move Martin just now.

Good to hear T.B was getting stuck in, the management need the players to know who's boss!
  • Options
    by the by maybe but why did Breacker do the post-match press instead of Parky?
  • Options
    I guess with Parky's history with post match interviews and being banned, and Dailly being harshly sent off, someone decided that Breacker would be the best choice after the game to give opinions.
  • Options
    Probably because parky didnt want to risk a ban criticising the ref
  • Options
    Reid is my favourite Charlton player, but had a poor game yesterday.

No issues with the management giving any player a 'bollocking', depends what he was told to do as a team performance.

Really depends, on the player, some you have to put an arm around!, some you have to wind up, and tell them some harsh truths.

Simple reply would have been " because I am part of the management and you aint son..... end of"

If managers cannot manage, they are wasting there time!... and they all know that.
  • Options
    They just switch it round from time to time. I can recall Kins doing at least one last year.
  • Options
    Curbs missed a press conference around the time he got an offer from QPR(?)

So maybe someone's made an offer for Parky?

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Curbs missed a press conference around the time he got an offer from QPR(?)

So maybe someone's made an offer for Parky?

;-)

Parky had to rush off to the San Siro to watch AC Milan vs Fiorentina.Speculation is rife in Milan about Ronaldinho moving to London in January.
  • Options
    He didn't want to risk another FA caution... again.