Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

As much as we would like to get a big 3rd round draw...

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
The players need a rest. We looked tired against barnet and yesterday you could see that our play was a lot slower and not as effective.
We've had 7 games in the last 21 days and as far as i can recall players such as Jackson, Racon, Francis, Dailly, Doherty, Semedo (except last tueday) and Elliot have played in all of them.
So, hopefully we have the backbone of our team fit and ready for bristol rovers and then on saturday we can give Abbott, Sodje, McCormack, Fortune and others a good run-out, with those who have played such an integral part in our season so far having a complete rest, or subs bench if need be.

Comments

• Options
    We have to get through the second round first before we can even contemplate a third round draw.....Luton is a potential banana skin...
  • Options
    Taken from above first comment-:

"We've had 7 games in the last two days and as far as i can recall players such as Jackson, Racon, Francis, Dailly, Doherty, Semedo (except last tueday) and Elliot have played in all of them."

Bloody hell thats some going!!!! LOL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite]Taken from above first comment-:

"We've had 7 games in the last two days and as far as i can recall players such as Jackson, Racon, Francis, Dailly, Doherty, Semedo (except last tueday) and Elliot have played in all of them."

Bloody hell thats some going!!!! LOL
    ok fixed now, that was a bit of a shocker
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TEL[/cite]We have to get through the second round first before we can even contemplate a third round draw.....Luton is a potential banana skin...
    Agreed. Just don't fancy us in this one.
    If Luton are touted at 5/1 or better, I will be on.
    Can remember the last Luton cup game (night game I believe). Seemed to go on forever.
  • Options
    To be honest i think that Luton on Saturday will end our vain run of form, but as you can expect.. i hope i am wrong and we keep it going further.
  • Options
    Luton won 5-1 yesterday and like ourselves will be desperate for a shot at the third round and the potential money spinning tie. Personally I think we will be in for a big test but you never know with cup games- Parky will have learned a lot both from the Northwich debacle and the two Barnet games when we were fortunate to get through.

Notice we are due to play Carlisle at home on Jan 8th if neither side is in the 3rd round, not sure who Carlisle have in the 2nd so there is a chance we may have that weekend off if we do not beat Luton. Only problem is then re arranging this game and having the possibility of having to play it March/April.

Worst result next Sat would be a replay, we have a busyish December and a huge xmas/new year in terms of the teams we are playing so agree that the players perhaps could do without another Sat/Tues/Sat/Tues. Brentford is not too far off and that is quite high on the priority list aswell.
  • Options
    Carlisle have got Tamworth at home in 2nd round.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    At least that "hard as nails" midfielder won't be playing for Luton.

I'll leave it as a little quiz question to supply the name and reason.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]At least that "hard as nails" midfielder won't be playing for Luton.

Guessing Kevin Nicholls, do not know the exact reason but guessing it is something to do with the fact he was with us when younger (I think).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]At least that "hard as nails" midfielder won't be playing for Luton.

Guessing Kevin Nicholls, do not know the exact reason but guessing it is something to do with the fact he was with us when younger (I think).

Yes it is Kevin Nicholls and he was with us as a youngster and played in the first team, most memorably in a 2-2 draw against Barnsley which ended in a mass brawl between 21 of the 22 players and the managers on the pitch trying to help restore order!

In an article in a programme at that time he was quoted as saying he was hard as nails.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We need the money these days, a trip to Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd etc could earn us about 700k.
  • Options
    Why settle for just one trip to a big club? Surely, winning at Arsenal and then drawing Man Utd away would be much better.