Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Forty years

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
I've just realised the date and remembered it's forty years ago today I first went to the valley. This was six months after being taken by my dad to see the Chelsea leeds cup final at wembley. I was bought by a friend and to be honest I only went along to take the P***. For some reason I really liked the place .The east terrace was a sight to behold. We played Cardif and won 2-1 goals by Ray Tracey and Dickie Plumb. The next week I was talked into going to see us play QPR away and we won 5-2 (i think). From then on I was hooked and I've been comming ever since. They say you never change your team but, I did. I gave up Bonnetti , Cooke, Osgood for Wright ,Peacock & Tracey. Co-insidently we played Chelsea on my 50th Birthday (Boxing Day) & beat them

It's been one hell of a rollercoaster since. We've been relegated to div3 promoted to the old first Div, gone bust ,been homless ,In the prem twice and all the way down again. I've not regretted a single moment. I know we will rise again

COYR