Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reserves 2 - 0 Southampton

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
Arm the torpedoes if I missed another thread but see that we beat Saints 2nd XI 2 - 0 last Wednesday with goals from Akpo Sodje and Callum Harriot.

Any one see any other team news?

Comments

• There was a trialist playing centre mid.
  • Match report here.....www.cafctv.co.uk/page/reservesdetail/0,,10267~2223417,00.html
  • edited November 2010
    Thanks Stubley

Charlton
    Worner,
    Morris, Mambo, Llera, Carter,
    Harriott, triallist, (Semi Ajayi) Warren, Davisson,
    Popo, Sodje.

Poor old triallist. Play held up for several meetings when he gets a head injury and has to go off.

In 20 years time you will meet a bloke on holiday who, when he realises you are a Charlton fan, will tell you about the day he had a trial for the Addicks and if only he'd not got injured.......

But I tell ya, that Ajayi, he ain't half a player, you know.
  • that must have been tommy miller from dundalk
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite] that Ajayi, he ain't half a player

And the award for worst pun of the week goes to.......
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite][url=http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesandRegulations/~/media/Files/PDF/TheFA/Rules_Regs/July%202010.ashx/July%202010.pdf]Oluwasemilogo Adesewo Ibidapo Ajayi[/url]

Give us an "O"
    Give us an "L"
  • [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]that must have been tommy miller from dundalk

Very highly rated apparently

Hope he's ok
  • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Miller_%28footballer_born_1990%29

Midfielder or defender.

Rudders22, what makes you think it was him?
  • [cite]Posted By: sygonrima[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]that Ajayi, he ain't half a player

Not sure it was a head injury that meant he had to go off, he was limping and looked a bit stiff.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: sygonrima[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]that Ajayi, he ain't half a player

Not sure it was a head injury that meant he had to go off, he was limping and looked a bit stiff.

but only a bit ; - )
  • Where did Ajayi's name come from?

I don't think the injured trialist is Tom Miller. I know we were linked with him, and sent a scout to watch Dundalk play, but it seems he was on trial with another Irish club at the same time as that Southampton match. I'm not sure what happened, because I was told he was coming on trial. Maybe he still will, but now was the best time if he wanted to come to England this season.
  • FYI I got his name from a Dundalk fan who mentioned on Football365 that Miller was on trial with us.
  • I'm confused. Who was the triallist, Tom Miller or Semi Ajayi?
  • Semi Ajayi is a first year scholar with the Academy. Comes from Crayford and goes to Dartford Grammar. Just turned 17 this month.

Tom Miller, although it hasn't been confirmed, is thought to have been on trial with us and may have been the player taken off v Soton. Ex-Norwich and Rangers midfielder who can also play in defence.
  • Thanks Henry.

And my apologies. The trialist v Southampton probably was Tom Miller. Sorry the link is rubbish, but one sentence is all that you need.

Link.

Apparently there is/was another reserve match this week, that newspaper linked above said reserve matches last Saturday and Tuesday, but seems strange to clash with the League match.
  • from the Dundalk website a few days ago from their manager :

Miller is still on trial with London-based League One club Charlton Athletic, who currently sit second in the English third tier, and Foster is hopeful that the 20-year-old midfielder will have a better idea of his future after a reserve game which he is set to feature in on Wednesday night. “Tom has got a game on Wednesday against Southampton for Charlton Reserves,” Ian revealed. “I think they’ll speak to him after that and then we’ll have a clearer indication of his thoughts and whether Charlton are going to offer him a deal, and whether we’ve still got a chance of retaining him.”

Their season is over, new season starts again February I think, and he is out of contract. Maybe we'll watch him again in another reserve game first.