Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kim Grant - View on Current CAFC

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
A few thoughts from Kim Grant via LinkedIN on Charlton and Phil Parkinson, thought it would be worth a share ........

Hi, Everyone, thanks Rob for you nice comment, its nice to know my game was appreciated during my time. Regarding Phil, this is biggest problem with the english game right now, there is very limited time to really set you stool out at anyone club as a manager. I totally understand the pressure for success, but it does time time to build a good solid consistent squad.

I have kept a close eye on Charlton over the years and saw the decline of the club, Don't get me wrong i love Charlton with all my heart, the club gave me a fantastic opportunity to start my footballing career. I believe phil have downa decent good job considering what he has to work with and after 3 managers leaving with instability surrounding the club financially and the on the pitch performances before that, sackings in space of 2 years, which was strandge considering the club having 2 managers who spent 10 years at Charlton with consistancy and with time to build solid foundation over the years without pressure. I seriously believe the youth policy that charlton built its reputation on was destroy over a very short space of time when the club went into the premier league, they wasted huge sums of money on average players, salaries and transfer fees.

I think now the club needs to get back to how it was run and given time possibly with phil, i believe the club will start to progress again. If there will be new owners then they might have a different agenda regarding the management team but for now i believe phil must be given time at least till the end of season and even charlton still are in league one, i think there will progress to challenge for thr champsionship the following season and as well as a good constant squad will be built to sustain when the do eventually get to the Championship.

The worst part of this all is bringing new managers and not understand the history of the club, where it has been and suffered to get where it did

Comments

• Options
    Just got that email as well. Mike Ammann is on LI as well.
  • Options
    Just seen Joe Anyinsah on there as well
  • Options
    I prefer it when teams "set their stall out" much better than when they "set you stool out" as it can get very messy.
  • Options
    So, I'm guessing Kim wouldnt have voted Parky Out after the Brighton game CL poll?
    Solid advice.
    I didnt realise he went on to play for 17 other clubs around the world after Charlton.
    Quite the journeyman
  • Options
    what is LinkedIn?
  • Options
    Friendface meets Fiends reunited
    http://www.linkedin.com/static?key=what_is_linkedin
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PhoenixSiv[/cite]what is LinkedIn?

More geared to "networking" and the business world than Facebook.