Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rovers wide left

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
Who was the small wide left player for Bristol Rovers. A class above everyone else on the pitch.

Comments

• Options
    A class above everyone else on the pitch?

Didn't have a touch on Martin and Racon and was well closed down on numerous occasions.

Decent player for them but was never a class above.
  • Options
    I thought he had quite a good touch, but numerous times (particularly in the first half) Francis tackled or outmuscled him with ease.
  • Options
    You were watching a different game to me. He was nowhere near as effective as he could have been with better players around him. However, his touch and movement was ( as previously stated ) in a different league.
  • Options
    He was decent, but made to looked better than he was due to the guy player right wing for them being hopeless!

Their 'keeper WAS a class above the rest last night.
  • Options
    Wide Left was Swallows.
  • Options
    Ben Swallows. I thought he looked very useful indeed. He had lovely quick feet and was comfortable on the ball. Faded towards the end though - but then again so did many of their players
  • Options
    ...and didn't give his full back an ounce of decent cover when Wagstaff had four or five 1st half chances to cross. Made Kyle Reid look like John Robinson.
  • Options
    Thought he looked ok, nothing special. There was a moment in first half when the ball went out for a throw on the left and I thought he could easily have made it and kept the ball in. Lazy, one footed and no defensive discipline.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Ben Swallows.

I'd hate to have a name like that.

;o)
  • Options
    Amen. Everyone knows Ben's a stupid name :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amen. Everyone knows Ben's a stupid name :)
  • Options
    ...and didn't give his full back an ounce of decent cover when Wagstaff had four or five 1st half chances to cross. Made Kyle Reid look like John Robinson.

Ha Ha - you have got to be kidding. I have just realised why a lot of people thought Lloyd Sam was good. Someone else said there was a moment in the first half when the ball went out and he probably could have stopped it. JESUS !!!!!! You lot need to get out of The Oak a lot earlier.

Mind you, there was a moment last night when Wagstaff could have got in a decent cross, but he didn't. Actually, 4 or 5 times........
  • Options
    Jo Kuffor looked pretty sharp as well
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: masicat[/cite]...and didn't give his full back an ounce of decent cover when Wagstaff had four or five 1st half chances to cross. Made Kyle Reid look like John Robinson.

Ha Ha - you have got to be kidding. I have just realised why a lot of people thought Lloyd Sam was good. Someone else said there was a moment in the first half when the ball went out and he probably could have stopped it. JESUS !!!!!! You lot need to get out of The Oak a lot earlier.

Mind you, there was a moment last night when Wagstaff could have got in a decent cross, but he didn't. Actually, 4 or 5 times........

Wingers have to help their full backs in a 4-4-2. If they don't, they're not very good wingers.
  • Options
    He was the best footballer on the pitch, in tandem with Racon.

Their keeper, however, should not be playing division 3 - he was fantastic.