Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My Band - 'Van Susans' .....**Live at IndigO2 Sat 16th April**

Comments

• Options
    I like it.
  • Options
    Any chance of a couple of guestlist for The Garage one on March 5th?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Any chance of a couple of guestlist for The Garage one on March 5th?

Absolutley buddy!Drop me a message on here or Facebook nearer the time and I'll sort you out
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    More plugging from me I'm afraid! Our new single 'Plans' is out on Monday via iTunes, Amazon and all good download sites. You can watch the video for the track which we filmed in Bromley last weekend, (It was filmed in one clean, continuous take)

Van Susans - Plans

Would love to hear people's thoughts!

(Oh, and I'm wearing my very special Charlton Bow Tie in the vid!)
  • Options
    Really like your stuff mate.

Any local gigs coming up soon?
  • Options
    Actually, Clapham isn't too far. Might give that a go!
  • Options
    Good work mate

I'll download it on the strength of the video and the fact you are a Charlton man. If I get an opportunity I'll play it when I DJ next, at the start of the night and give you a bit of schlep free promotion.

I want the blonde sorts phone number though!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Hey I'm 55 yrs old....thought I'd give it a listen and absolutely loved it, so stayed on U tube and listened to 'Bones' as well.....another great song.....well done... excellent.

I'll let people up here in Leicestershire know about you as much as I can and will post a message on my facebook page. I've got a lot of people from around the world that are facebook mates due to Mrs RM and me breeding German Shepherd dogs...hope some of them pick up the link and spread the word.

Good luck mate!!
  • Options
    Thanks guys! Really appreciate it. Thanks for your support.
    I guess the most local gig we have coming up is IndigO2 on 16th April. Home to Huddersfield that day, so a casual stroll over to the Dome after the match, grab a bite to eat and catch a bit of Van Susans! Silly not to.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite]Hey I'm 55 yrs old....thought I'd give it a listen and absolutely loved it, so stayed on U tube and listened to 'Bones' as well.....another great song.....well done... excellent.

I'll let people up here in Leicestershire know about you as much as I can and will post a message on my facebook page. I've got a lot of people from around the world that are facebook mates due to Mrs RM and me breeding German Shepherd dogs...hope some of them pick up the link and spread the word.

Good luck mate!!

I'm younger than Redmidland and Carter ; ) and I like it as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Put message on my facebook page telling people to give u a listen to on Utube...hope it brings some more fans your way. Good luck
  • Options
    Thanks Redmidland! Really appreciate that mate.
    New single's out today, so why not get downloading!

Van Susans - 'Plans' on Amazon
  • Options
    Van Susans - use to like them before they sold out and got all commercial.

Only joking Olly. Prefer that to Bones but I'm a sucker for a jangly guitar any time. And I know where that video was shot.

Which one of the band is in the 6th form at Ravens Wood?

I'll down load it from soulseek amazon and stick the vid up on my facebook.
  • Options
    Well I clicked on link expecting not to but I really liked it. Very catchy.

Gig at Indigo - are you about to hit the big time??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Van Susans - use to like them before they sold out and got all commercial.

Only joking Olly. Prefer that to Bones but I'm a sucker for a jangly guitar any time. And I know where that video was shot.

I'll down load it from[strike]soulseek[/strike]amazon and stick the vid up on my facebook.

Lol yeah we need to take a good look at ourselves. We've sold out big time, doing an acoustic set for a radio station in Gillingham tonight! Gillingham I tell ya! The things you have to do for showbusiness. Hopefully we'll make it back to Bromley alive.
    Cheers Mr Irving! Glad you like it.
    Tim the bassist is at Ravenswood, as were Rob the drummer and Ed, lead guitarist previously.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Well I clicked on link expecting not to but I really liked it. Very catchy.

Thanks Curb_It.
    Things have moved pretty positively, fairly quickly for us, so who knows! Lots of big things in the pipeline at the mo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Van Susans - use to like them before they sold out and got all commercial.

I'll down load it from[strike]soulseek[/strike]amazon and stick the vid up on my facebook.

Lol yeah we need to take a good look at ourselves. We've sold out big time, doing an acoustic set for a radio station in Gillingham tonight! Gillingham I tell ya! The things you have to do for showbusiness. Hopefully we'll make it back to Bromley alive.
    Tim the bassist is at Ravenswood, as were Rob the drummer and Ed, lead guitarist previously.

But are you driving to Gillingham in a limo surrounded by hookers and cocaine or a beat up ford transit with a crate of brown ale? : - )

Henry Jnr thinks the guy playing guitar in the vid is Tim? is he right. I'm hope Henry Jnr will be brave enough to go up to him at School and say "Oi, I saw you video".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

But are you driving to Gillingham in a limo surrounded by hookers and cocaine or a beat up ford transit with a crate of brown ale? : - )

Henry Jnr thinks the guy playing guitar in the vid is Tim? is he right. I'm hope Henry Jnr will be brave enough to go up to him at School and say "Oi, I saw you video".

On the train unfortunately. But will still be surrounded by hookers. (But that's Gillingham for you, nothing you can do about that.)
    The guy playing the guitar is Ed, Tim's brother. Tim is the one with glasses who pops up every now and then briefly!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Well I clicked on link expecting not to but I really liked it. Very catchy.

Thanks Curb_It.
    Things have moved pretty positively, fairly quickly for us, so who knows! Lots of big things in the pipeline at the mo

Well good luck to you then. Very exciting. We look forward to you playing to a packed house at the Valley in a few years time.
  • Options
    Really like your new single. I'm putting the YouTube link on my facebook page. Good luck with it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gillingham is a dump, good venue there though. The Beacon Court has had some bloody good cover bands there over the years

Tap N Tin in Chatham has played host to Peter Docherty on a number of occasions. The man is truly scum but a good musician
  • Options
    Great stuff Olly.
  • Options
    Good luck on Saturday at your gig Olly and co.

Indigo gig. Shame about the Bromley part
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Good luck on Saturday at your gig Olly and co.

Indigo gig. Shame about the Bromley part

Thanks Curb It! Really looking forward to it. Should be a great evening.
  • Options
    good luck Olly
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Good luck with that Olly.
    I've just read that link your all younger than my youngest child!!
    ....................Gun for T.C.E............................................ : (
  • Options
    Hope all goes well for you all Olly, from another old git, but who still appreciates good music and words you can actually hear.
  • Options
    Hey Olly..........from yet another golden oldie....hope it goes 'massive' for you and the band on Saturday....great music mate.....good luck.
  • Options
    Good luck Olly, i have been to the Indigo before, great venue. Going there again next month.

Enjoy mate :)
  • Options
    When you've played the Valley then you'll be big time.

VS badges are the new CL badges. I want two.