Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

request: please can we have a fixture list on CL?

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
That way I won't have to go on that ghastly travesty that is the official site 'ever' again

:)

Comments

• You pay for the license to have on the site, and I think AFKA and Lookie will be all ears
  • I second that motion : = )
  • edited November 2010
    here's a little bit of help
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/fixtures/default.stm
  • ooh a licence, that's a bit orf aint it..? Whatever next.
  • They wont put on here as everytime the O/S gets visited it gives charlton money has been said before

the fact if gives us money should alone make you put up with it!

if not theres plenty of other websites just fave them eg. BBC as above
  • Raz, it costs £266 for a licence to display a club's fixtures. Its a no for this season as we are a fair way through it already, but will be something we will look towards next season, if possible.
  • edited November 2010
    Getting a fixture list is way to exspensive.

There is a way round this though, different names made up for the team we play.

RoachDale Untied v Chorlton Apathetic for instance. Get a whole fixture list using that.
  • do they not show sky games on the official fixture list, or is it just we don't have any?

I don't want anyone to have to spend any money

:)
  • Direct link to the club website, so the club gets money and you don't get annoyed

Link
  • * CafcAndy
    * CommentTime27 minutes ago edited

# 8
    Getting a fixture list is way to exspensive.

There is a way round this though, different names made up for the team we play.

RoachDale Untied v Chorlton Apathetic for instance. Get a whole fixture list using that.

Just do this :)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Raz, it costs £266 for a licence to display a club's fixtures. Its a no for this season as we are a fair way through it already, but will be something we will look towards next season, if possible.

Can Charlton Life apply to be allocated the clubs "Fanzine" licence ? I remember reading about it in some link to a Watford site which was posted here re the posting of a fixture list. I think every club gets to offer one "Fanzine" licence which I think is considerably cheaper than the £266, I think Charlton Life would be the best shout to get our clubs allocation.
  • That's not applied anymore
  • £266? Absolutely ridiculous. Why? Are they trying to discourage people from attending matches by not letting them know when games are? Pathetic.

Seriously AFKA, if you were thinking about paying for one for next season then PLEASE DON'T. There's a priciple involved here and I would rather £266 go to charity somewhere.
  • IA's link works perfectly - can't we put a link somewhere on the front page then everyome wins!
  • edited November 2010
    According to the link above we are playing Luton on Thursday the 9th. Is that right, and if so is it on TV?
  • What would be handy is the amount of pages (per thread) indicated on the main forum page.
    Thereby allowing you to pick up on a thread where you may of left off, rather than primarily opening the first page.
    If you know what I mean?
  • Just to add, it would also allow me to track the progress of the phantom bog roll throwers far easier.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]£266? Absolutely ridiculous. Why? Are they trying to discourage people from attending matches by not letting them know when games are? Pathetic.

Seriously AFKA, if you were thinking about paying for one for next season then PLEASE DON'T. There's a priciple involved here and I would rather £266 go to charity somewhere.

I've got to agree, CL provide things no other site does, why would CL provide more than a link at a cost for something that is easily available on a multitude of sites
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]£266? Absolutely ridiculous. Why? Are they trying to discourage people from attending matches by not letting them know when games are? Pathetic.

I've got to agree, CL provide things no other site does, why would CL provide more than a link at a cost for something that is easily available on a multitude of sites

Completely agree with these two posts..Its not like its hard work finding out the fixtures, unless this is the only site you ever visit then i see no reason not to click on one that's got the fixtures.
  • Sponsored links: