Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is there any point in buying season tickets anymore?

2»

Comments

• Options
    That's £4.17 a minute. Plus something to put on their cv for every schoolmaster or parking warden job they go for, and the greatest fame filled 90 minutes of their lives. Not to mention all the other perks and expenses. Not bat work, if you can get it (if you like that sort of thing).
  • Options
    1. Choice I believe the 15% has some caveats, including police discretion

2. Just spoke to my dad and the Barnet stubs went out with the bins last week so hopefully won't be needing them!
  • Options
    Im just curious to see if there are any people that will only re-new when/if Charlton get back in the Premiership?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]As I've said above the Club appears to value fans that travel away more than home fans at the moment. Why should a Luton away ticket rank higher than a Luton home ticket?

It's away games, they've been to previous away games, the club needs travelling fans, seems fair to me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]That's £4.17 a minute. Plus something to put on their cv for every schoolmaster or parking warden job they go for, and the greatest fame filled 90 minutes of their lives. Not to mention all the other perks and expenses. Not bat work, if you can get it (if you like that sort of thing).

This was light hearted, I am sure, but if this was true why the hell dont the players do it for less than a fiver an hour? Yup that would be my pay cap limit.

It must be incredibly hard work - the pressure would be worse than for one of the 11 players on either side.
  • Options
    did anyone that really really wanted a swindon away ticket for the play off miss out ..... there was a few tears on here about the way the tickets were distributed but i'm pretty certain in the end the 2,024 that we got sold satisfied 99% of our following
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    No I didn't miss out, thanks to the generosity and thoughtfulness of others and a big slice of luck. I did spend over £20 on the phone though! Which after having a season ticket for over a decade and doing around 20 away games last season I took a bit of a dislike to!
  • Options
    It is more convenient to have a season ticket and not have to buy one every match. With matches like Totenham I think the club should sell one ticket per season ticket rather than allow season ticket holders to buy extra. That would actually encourage people to buy season tickets in future where as if season ticket holders miss out it will discourage.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: letthegoodtimesroll[/cite]Len...you're missing the whole point of having a season ticket...it saves you the time and trouble of having to queue up, ring up or make a separate mid week trip to the valley to buy a match ticket every time and it gives you a ready made excuse to have to go to the game on days when the weathers shit, the team is shit and there's something good on the telly...it's a slippery slope otherwise and you could easily get into bad habits and one missed game could soon be a season and a lifetime of shopping with the missus...[/quote]

You've convinced me! :-)
  • Options
    I've always wondered if season tickets are a bit old fashioned.

Maybe there could be some kind of membership scheme where you pay a minimum amount to reserve your seat for a season and then you top it up as and when you like. Fans could be given an Oyster style card which, whenever used, affords the fan with credits which would prioritise them for cup tickets, away games and special offer purchases. Fans are then offered first refusal on their membership seat position on an annual basis.

Something like this would be ideal for me this season as I can't really go to mid week matches so buying a season ticket is a waste of time and money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2010
    i will always get my season ticket and my sons ,cos i dont want some glory hunting prick sitting in my seat , like NSS and a few others we have always remained loyal despite allthe moaning .

obviously there are plenty of tickets available at this present time which suits most people to go to the odd game but when we get back in the big time the deserters will come back because they love all the glory when i started watching charlton we was in the same position as we are now so we need all the support we can get.
  • Options
    I'm not sure that Spurs tickets will be quite as hard to come by as some on here think.

We clearly have a healthy number of ST holders for this level but as our away followings show many of them attend few if any away games.

I'd be surprised if any STs who want one miss out on a ticket for Spurs and I'm pretty hopeful that I'll be able to get one despite not having a ST.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]i will always get my season ticket and my sons ,cos i dont want some glory hunting prick sitting in my seat , like NSS and a few others we have always remained loyal despite allthe moaning .

obviously there are plenty of tickets available at this present time which suits most people to go to the odd game but when we get back in the big time the deserters will come back because they love all the glory when i started watching charlton we was in the same position as we are now so we need all the support we can get.

Compared to you I'm a proper 'Glory Boy'. We were on top of this division when I started going!
  • Options
    Amazing isnt it.

When I posted on here that cup games were important, for a number of reasons, people dronned on and on about the league being the main priority etc.

Now we have a host of Charlton till I die on here, demanding a ticket, and producing ticket stubs from the 1930s......

I have no issue with giving priority to fans who regularly follow the team at away games, I am sure the club know who they are, and that really is a priority in all fairness.

I hope to obtain one, and being a 'mug' i will pay over the odds if I have to!.......
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: kings hill addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]i will always get my season ticket and my sons ,cos i dont want some glory hunting prick sitting in my seat , like NSS and a few others we have always remained loyal despite allthe moaning .

Compared to you I'm a proper 'Glory Boy'. We were on top of this division when I started going!

we where in div 2 it was the andy nelson era when i started going saw us get relegated into div 3 also followed us into the mike bailey era when we was top of this league so what u on about you know wot i mean about glory hunters the people who went to the prem games then fucked off .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]

we where in div 2 it was the andy nelson era when i started going saw us get relegated into div 3 also followed us into the mike bailey era when we was top of this league so what u on about you know wot i mean about glory hunters the people who went to the prem games then fucked off .

Of course I knew what you meant.

It was a joke - it was supposed to be ironic that the club were just one place higher in the division and I suggested that it made me a 'Glory Boy' - which, clearly I'm not.
  • Options
    Great attitude from Boogica and obviously the club needs those like him that stick with it through thick and thin. That said, I can't say I have any problem at all with the so-called glory hunters. We'd be pretty miffed if the club became successful again, but no-one else came along to watch. We need everyone we can get, both die-hards and casuals.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]

Of course I knew what you meant.

It was a joke - it was supposed to be ironic that the club were just one place higher in the division and I suggested that it made me a 'Glory Boy' - which, clearly I'm not.

no problem kings hill .
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Great attitude from Boogica and obviously the club needs those like him that stick with it through thick and thin. That said, I can't say I have any problem at all with the so-called glory hunters. We'd be pretty miffed if the club became successful again, but no-one else came along to watch. We need everyone we can get, both die-hards and casuals.

stig dont mind the casuals mate but i do believe that certain so called fans are only interested in the games ie man utd ,liverpool , arsenal,chelsea spurs etc and then u go to a boozer and they only mention these games and how good we was ,i go to the pub withmy pals and talk about how bad alan mullery was as a manager ,the other day talking about brendan occonnell bet not many fans remember him and going to that shitehole palace etc, it does piss me off maybe it shouldnt ,but just watch when we start climbing the table the prem fans as i call em will slowly start creeping back.