Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Today's Topic

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
I thought it was possible to have an intelligent discussion on this forum. It seems I may have been mistaken.

Some people do not read what has been written or else they read it selectively and resort to snide comments.

Frankly life is too short for such nonsense and I would just like to apologise to non- participants for my part in the topic of the day thread.

I am going to take some time away from the forum. If I post again it is probable that I will confine myself to football matters only.

Disappointing that it should come to that though.

Comments

• Options
    it was a good thread and there were good points raised by all.but people in glass houses and all that,you were both guilty of snide remarks that detracted from any valid points made.FACT,nailed on, locked in,end of.
  • Options
    Len - pot kettle black!!!!!!!

PLus of course you did start it all with your deliberately provocative "question" in the first place !
  • Options
    Oh shut up roswell. Come back Len.

I dont think Len started the snide remarks myself. Me and a mate had a whispered bet on what time BFR would start getting arsey as its happened before. I was out about 5 mins. and AFKA was late in the "hey Guy lets leave...". in fact it was lookout who had to step in. Who is peakeys rocket as i see he is a welcome Officer?
  • Options
    What have I missed B?

I've always found Len to be one of the better and more thoughtful posters on here, so am surprised if he's made any "snide" comments. What thread was this?
  • Options
    The one headed Topic of the day or something. its been sunk. a long read and some very big words!!
  • Options
    Oh yeah, found it now. Christ, glad I never got involved in that.

There's nothing like politics to stir things up ....... well, apart from religion maybe.

Anyone want to start a thread on religion?
    ;o)
  • Options
    Should politics and religion be allowed to mix? Discuss. (no, only joking! - was going tp start a debate on the Catholic Church and Gay adoption though)
  • Options
    Len - Don't take it like that. The majority appreciate what you were trying to say mate. Don't like the / a minority spoil your valid and in general excellent contributions to this MB.