Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sledges & Toboggans

edited December 2010 in Not Sports Related
(Winter Sports Related).

I've just dug my kid's old sledge out of the shed for the little boy next door to use. I don't think he's ever seen one before, let alone sat on one. His dad is pulling him up and down the drive and he loves it. Great to see.

The best ever sledge we had was years ago when my brother cut the ends off a metal bedstead, then somehow fixed 2" x 4" boards across it and ended up with a monster that was around 6' long, 3' wide and 2' 6" high and weighed a lot! Fortunately he had a Land Rover to cart it about and in the winter of '63 we used to take it to a steep field over the back of what is now Vigo Village in Kent. It could seat 4 or 5 people and once it got going there was no stopping it and we had a snow bank at the bottom for it to run into. Getting it back up to the top was a real effort, but well worth it!

Any going sledging today?

Comments

• Options
    Greenwich Park later with all the nutters over there.
  • Options
    trying to find somewhere to bl**dy buy one first !
  • Options
    The England Slip fielders will be having a go later on tonight to the Aussies. ; )
  • Options
    The Slade in Plumstead is the place to go. Couple of death runs opposite the woodman pub.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]trying to find somewhere to bl**dy buy one first !

Decathlon in Surrey Quays had some cool ones a few days ago.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]trying to find somewhere to bl**dy buy one first !

Used to nick the red and white hoardings that the gas board stuck round their excavations when we were kids. They were really fast.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]

Decathlon in Surrey Quays had some cool ones a few days ago.[/quote

bet they ain't got any now!, have been told that the hardware shop in Blackfen is getting a delivery tomorrow or saturday morning of 250
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]

Used to nick the red and white hoardings that the gas board stuck round their excavations when we were kids. They were really fast.

For sale boards were good too...
  • Options
    Wheelie bins are what you need.
  • Options
    When I saw you had opened a thread on sledges and toboggans, March, I felt certain it was going to contain a warning that if we didn't look after them properly and keep them at the the right temperature, they are likely to explode...

You've disappointed me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went earlier near Bursted Woods School. Good fun, kids loved it.

Hope the snow melts very quickly.