Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Foresters,Upper.......

...Wickham Lane, East Wickham, Welling.

A very good friend of ours (Helen) has recently taken over this Public House.
Popped into there today and She said shes meet a few Charlton supporters in there:
Please, if you live local, can you give Her all the support you can.
Thank You.

Paul.

Comments

• Options
    First place I ever had a beer in when I was 14. Fond memories, wish the new owner well
  • Options
    Was a lovely boozer when Paul had it a good few years back.

Used to have many a late one in there....
  • Options
    I'm sure the bloke who ran it in the 70's was called Roy. Spent many a drunken evening in there
  • Options
    That's pub we started our days drinking on 5th Dec 1992!!
  • Options
    Should have posted this last week..........

Theres "London Pride", "Spitfire" & "Old Speckled Hen" in Bottles, and, hopefully, by now, there should be "London Pride" & "Masterbrew" on Tap.
  • Options
    My ex-wife's mum used to work there when it was owned by micky the boxer.
  • Options
    was more recently in the hands of lee murray the cage fighter in prison in morrocco for the 53m securicor robbery, until he was detained.
  • Options
    Tel
    I think his name was Ray
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]...Wickham Lane, East Wickham, Welling.

A very good friend of ours (Helen) has recently taken over this Public House

Wahay, hopefully i won't still be barred !

Used to drink in there a lot early 90s when Micky Kingwell was running it, used to be a cracking little pub.

Not been in there since the late 90s. As Hillsy said, they opened crack of dawn for about 15 of us on 5th Dec 92.

As an aside, if i remember correctly about 5yrs ago, RedarmySE7 got questioned by the police on suspicion of torching it !
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Spoke to Helen:
    You're still NOT barred unless you let JA,JJJ, & (Sir) Henry post on here again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Will they be showing live Charlton games, when available?!
  • Options
    Saw Helen on Friday:
    Now got Youngs,LondonPride & John Smiths on draught, Bottled beer includes Spitfire & Old Speckled Hen.
    Plus the usual Fosters,etc for Lager drinkers.
    Said after a slow start its gradually picking up: Please Support Her if you're local.
    Thanks, Paul.
  • Options
    Popped down there Today to see Helen and She says things are going well.
    The reason I'm posting this tho' is the fact that She, Her staff & all the regulars have raised over £200 for the "George Boys of Deptford" charity over the last couple of months. For this I'd like to say Thank You all, including a few "Lifers" who use the Pub.
    Thank You.
  • Options
    Was at The Foresters Today: Dad come out of "retirement" at 78 to clean Helens carpets (Leave it Oggy !).

She also gave Me over £80 which the staff & customers have raised for the GeorgeBoys & Girls charity.

Would just like to place on record: Thank You to All at the Pub: Met a fellow 'addick there, but not sure about the spanner behind the bar..........
  • Options
    @MiserableOlGitPaulfacebook.com/group.php?gid=…Please "Like" this page. OAP's like their Xmas Parcels !! Thank You.
  • Options
    I play darts out of here on tues and Thursday at team full of charlton jackpot sellers
  • Options
    Dropping off food Parcels to The Foresters Today: Thank You all who raised over £600 in there this year.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Raised Over £680 this Year for The George Boys & Girls of Deptford.

Many, many Thanks to Helen & the Staff & Customers of Wellings Best Pub.

x

(And am pretty certain they serve 4 "Real" Ales & have SkySports in there......)
  • Options
    Raised another amount for next this years OAPs parcels.
    We really can't thank You All enough.
    x
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2012
    I certainly like the carpet but what bitter (real ale) do they have? Can only see one handpump in the picture and more worringly a Tetley Smooth tap.
  • Options
    Raised Over £680 this Year for The George Boys & Girls of Deptford.

Many, many Thanks to Helen & the Staff & Customers of Wellings Best Pub.

x

(And am pretty certain they serve 4 "Real" Ales & have SkySports in there......)
    Irish Sky . . .

• Options
    Cliff Harley ‏ @GBsDeptford
    Morning:List of Pubs supporting GBs: Star & Garter SE10, Foresters Welling, The Graduate SE3, LittleCrown SE8, #GoldenLionSE26. More Welcome
  • Options
    @GBsDeptford Massive Thank You, once again, to Helen, The Foresters (in Welling), customers & staff for their generous donation today.
    We will be having a drink there at Midday on Sunday 15th July 2012.
    Further news to follow.....
  • Options
    Hi,

Sorry for late comment but just seen this discussion at the top of the page........

My Father-In-Law used to drink in the Foresters almost every day. Unfortunately he is no longer
    with us but was a really nice man and is very much missed by me, the wife [her dad of course] and
    others in Woodbrook Rd and beyond....

His name : Fred Hollis

Used to work for Bloomfields and deliver bread etc...

Was also a regular at the working mens club at Plumstead Common

Some of your 'older' youngsters may have known him?