Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Classic TV EVENTS or MOMENTS: What were yours?

In Coronation Street this week, a tram crashes into Rita's sweet shop and buries her under a thousand Double Deckers, Crunchies and Aztec Bars. Hey does anyone remember Aztec Bars? Does anyone remember laughter? (I think the last reference is Led Zep - possibly.) (Sorry). Alan Green, he say, 'It was like watching Thunderbirds'. Titter.
I wonder if anyone will remember it?

Television is really crap now. But it didn't used to be. Before I defected back to Radio and my poky little office, leaving the missus downstairs with her X Factor and Celebrities in the Jungle - I used to watch TV. Sorry on my fifth Guiness.

So, I recently got a new Deputy - the last one betrayed me - I said to her 'Do you remember when Avon killed Blake?' And it led me to think about this classic moment of TV and I wondered what was yours? What classic bits of TV stay with you forever - could be comedy, drama, sport - if you've got one, share it and put the link to the clip:

Here's mine. ENJOY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4a68Sv_r5Q

Comments

• Options
    Pete, I've only got a vague idea what on earth you are talking about mate, but keep going old son.

Is this the sort of thing you mean?

Ooops!
  • Options
    Smashing!

Nice to see that one again...
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Good posting........
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K9rVRuehGU :Thunderbirds the kids prog that changed everything...... well kid's tv anyway.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjN-WCcgVi0&feature=related :zep at 4.15 laughter!..... (sorry Henry) Bonzo still the best rock drummer?

my moments: The most important musical moment of the 20th century....Hendrix playing the Star bangled banner, the moment that the War ended for America in Vietnam,as he destroys the national anthem.There has been great guitarists, there will be great guitarists, but only one guitarist will have this impact on the world again.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kacA6t67pWk&feature=related

and on tv:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE80W5xYbTI&feature=related.
    Live music banned from bbc for 18 months after this.......studio 4 bbc tvc

"You'll never hear surf music again".....
  • Options
    A long moment - all 9 episodes of "Our Friends in the North" but particularly the last two, I remember watching them with my nose about 1 yard away from the TV screen.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Bagpuss[/cite]A long moment - all 9 episodes of "Our Friends in the North" but particularly the last two, I remember watching them with my nose about 1 yard away from the TV screen.[/quote]

I loved "Our Friends in the North", great programme, great acting hoping for DVD for Crimbo - hint hint
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bagpuss[/cite]A long moment - all 9 episodes of "Our Friends in the North" but particularly the last two, I remember watching them with my nose about 1 yard away from the TV screen.

I loved "Our Friends in the North", great programme, great acting hoping for DVD for Crimbo - hint hint

Well, that all depends whether you've been naughty or nice...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]:zep at 4.15 laughter!..... (sorry Henry) Bonzo still the best rock drummer?

I'm confused Ken - are you questioning whether or not Bonzo was the best drummer? Surely not!
  • Options
    Mine has to be the moon landings (or is it agreed now that it all took place on a TV set?).
  • Options
    The Two Ronnies Fork Handles sketch,various Dads Army and Morcambe and Wises Breakfast sketch.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]:zep at 4.15 laughter!..... (sorry Henry) Bonzo still the best rock drummer?[/quote]

I'm confused Ken - are you questioning whether or not Bonzo was the best drummer? Surely not!

I am NOT, but Henry might have other thoughts.......( he is not there biggest fan)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gotta be Judy Finnegan's tits coming out when she was presenting that award
  • Options
    The double episode of Babylon 5 where Commander Sinclair eventually goes back in time in an older version of the space station and appears to the Minbari as Valen (if you've seen it you'll know what I'm talking about!)

Seeing Twin Peaks for the first time (it's back on here in Oz).

Any episode of Foyles War.

No idea if any of this is on youtube!
  • Options
    A half remembered Children's TV series (which I thought was called "The Stones" but having Wikied it was apparently called "Escape Into The Night") about a little girl who dreams herself into the house in a picture she's drawing.
    There's a moment where she scribbles it out but in her dreams discovers she's drawn bars across the windows trapping herself inside.
    Scared the bejeesus out of me at the time.
    It was made into a film in 1988 but wasn't half as scary.
  • Options
    Del Boy falling through the bar and the Batman & Robin scene..........my favourite programme of all time and the one that has given me the most laughs
  • Options
    It has to be this one for me. The Beatles at the Royal Variety performance with John Lennon and his 'Rattle your Jewelry' quip. It had a massive impact on me at the time and was the first time that I had seen 'common people' daring to make a joke on BBC at Royalty's expense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvBCmY7wAAU&feature=related
  • Options
    1989. Arsenal winning the title at Anfield in the last minute of the last match of the season.

They had to win 2-0 to pip Liverpool to the title. Deep into injury time Michael Thomas finds himself clean through on goal with just Grobbelaar to beat. Brian Moore (RIP) then says the immortal iconic line "It's up for grabs now!" a moment before Thomas tucks away the title winning goal.

Brilliant way to end the season that may never be beaten for excitement. Football drama at it's very best.
  • Options
    Snooker world final breaking off for coverage of SAS operation at Iranian embassy.
    Someone calling Matt Bianco wankers on Going Live

but for me I doubt nothing will ever beat the 9/11 tv coverage - truely felt it was a world changing event that you was watching unfold.
  • Options
    9/11 for obvious reasons

But one event that I remember from my childhood and that really upset me was Tommy Cooper dying on stage. I remember watching it with my grandad (who incidentally did a wicked impression of Tommy) and I saw him collapse and assumed it was part of the act.

When I got up in the morning I was devastated