Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Bexleyheath Song

2»

Comments

• Options
    Used to love Gentrys Sports, a proper sports shop. Now sadly gone but Gentrys Tackle, Guns are still open, by Cave Direct offy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Used to love Gentrys Sports, a proper sports shop. Now sadly gone but Gentrys Tackle, Guns are still open, by Cave Direct offy.

I suppose the Gun shop is doing a roaring trade now

As you say Gentrys sports was the best by a mile , Woodruff sports up bexleyheath was a poor second but even that is n't there anymore .

Aaahh the good old days
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    broadway-00423-640.jpg

Bexleyheath 1980
  • Options
    Woodruff's Sports in Bexleyheath is now a Caribbean Cash and Carry, with a big sign up in the window saying

'ORDER YOUR GOAT HERE'
  • Options
    looks like a bomb's hit it, rather than should :-)

nb> not meant to cause any offence or injury to any persons!
  • Options
    That short but informative film brings a tear to my glass eye.

God Bless Bexleyheath !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]so were casey's and korkies, and harris' shoes in blackfen,.....and they're still going!

i no the fella who owns that Harris' shoe shop, a mate of my old mans, yup still there goin strong.

Good call woodruff sports, i used to love that shop! Its where (along with Gentry sports) i used ot get all my goalie gloves.
  • Options
    and pour homme, great shop
  • Options
    In the day of course you used to go to Woodruff's and then to Olympus in the Broadway - it's now a JJB or something equally as chav.
  • Options
    HH, thats what i was trying to remember too, couldn get it! Olympus sports! quality man
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    remember the big olympus sports at lakeside retail park where we used to have fun if we went there. all the extreme sports equipment, it was like a day out!
  • Options
    Pour homme? what was the name of the lads shop top of Lion road?
  • Options
    lads shop in welling on bellgrove road.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Pour homme? what was the name of the lads shop top of Lion road?

Bagga