Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

tomorrow's game...(on or) OFF !

edited December 2010 in General Charlton
given that the weather forcast up there tonight is -6 and judging by the pic of the Newcastle training ground in the Sun today, they already appear to have a fair amount of snow in that area.

I guess the team will be travelling up by coach today.

I fear that it could be a postponement mid morning tomorrow when people are halfway there....

still, no mention anywhere yet of any pitch inspections.

Comments

• Options
    I'm fairly confident it will go ahead with whats been said so far, covers are on the pitch and the real severe weather isn't due til late Saturday. I'm on the 07:57 out of Kings Cross so unless it gets called off today then i will be buggered regardless.
  • Options
    Pitch inspection at 1pm. Overnight frost looks very dodgy - forecast of -6c.
  • Options
    Oh dear. what if it gets called off. Lots of money down the drain what with Rochdale and now maybe this?
  • Options
    I bet it's off now. :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Pitch inspection at 1pm. Overnight frost looks very dodgy - forecast of -6c.

I'm assuming that is 1pm today.
  • Options
    From OS

There will be a pitch inspection at 1pm on Friday at Hartlepool United's Victoria Road ahead of the League One clash with Charlton the following day.

Although Pools put in place a series of precautions, including covering the surface, earlier this week, temperatures in the North East have plummeted towards the end of the week.

Areas of the pitch are already frozen, and the overnight forecast is for more freezing conditions.

The Addicks team coach was due to leave London at midday for the trip north, but will now wait to hear the result of the pitch inspection.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Oh dear. what if it gets called off. Lots of money down the drain what with Rochdale and now maybe this?

Money down the drain?

I'd look at it as a weekend on the lash in Newcastle without 90 minutes of football to ruin it!!
  • Options
    Considering the South East is predicted to receive 25cm of snow tonight I think we need to consider whether it's safe to actually go there

I'm guessing it'll be off
  • Options
    No more guessing - it has been called off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Oh dear. what if it gets called off. Lots of money down the drain what with Rochdale and now maybe this?

Money down the drain?

I'd look at it as a weekend on the lash in Newcastle
    without 90 minutes of football to ruin it!!

Of course you would.
    Because you millwall chaps are propa nawty init bruv!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]

Money down the drain?

I'd look at it as a weekend on the lash in Newcastle
    without 90 minutes of football to ruin it!!

Of course you would.
    Because you millwall chaps are propa nawty init bruv!

Since when is a group of mates enjoying a weekend in the delightful Newcastle deemed "propa nawty"?

Oh hang on, you were trying to be funny weren't you.