Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This strange league

edited December 2010 in General Charlton
One defeat in so many and we are moaning about our team, but how are Sheff Wed feeling? Championship team last season, now saved by Mnadric from administration and they are sitting pretty second this morning, they still are , even though they were hammered 5-1 at exeter today, veruy strange league.

Comments

• Options
    ... and apparently they took 800 fans to exeter ... imagine having to trek all the way from exeter to yorkshire after a 5-1 defeat in this weather
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I posted this previously on the Hartlepool game preview thread, but now Kap has started this thread it probably belongs on here:

You can almost feel sorry for Sheffield Wednesday.

On the back of a thumping 6-2 victory, all they had to do today was get 3 points - at 'a club nobody has ever heard of' - to go top of the League.

They lost 5-1 and now every team in the promotion race has 2 games in hand on them.

No doubt their very own Suicide Squad will be venomous tonight.

But it just goes to show, that however much you feel about your famous club should be rolling over nondescript teams, never underestimate opponents who raise their game to claim a big scalp.

It's just what we hope to do at Spurs, after all.
  • Options
    It proves that there is still all to play for in this league. Brighton might wobble - and I wonder what's keeping Gus Poyet at the Withdean? Blackburn are looking for a manager and maybe West Ham might in a few matches. If he goes then they could fall away and they could go through a bad patch in any case. Bournemouth have just sold their best player, and Southampton are off the pace.

It looks like the teams that get promotion will be the ones who want it the most.

I think one of the two teams who'll get automatic promotion will be Huddersfield, who will be the other one?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I posted this previously on the Hartlepool game preview thread, but now Kap has started this thread it probably belongs on here:

[b aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]You can almost feel sorry for Sheffield Wednesday.

On the back of a thumping 6-2 victory, all they had to do today was get 3 points - at 'a club nobody has ever heard of' - to go top of the League.

They lost 5-1 and now every team in the promotion race has 2 games in hand on them.[/b]
    [b aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]No doubt their very own Suicide Squad will be venomous tonight.

But it just goes to show, that however much you feel about your famous club should be rolling over nondescript teams, never underestimate opponents who raise their game to claim a big scalp.

It's just what we hope to do at Spurs, after all.[/b][/This
  • Options
    strange game, it was even up to about 60 mins and then we kept scoring and they did not look interested.

Made for a good journey back despite the snow
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]It proves that there is still all to play for in this league. Brighton might wobble - and I wonder what's keeping Gus Poyet at the Withdean? Blackburn are looking for a manager and maybe West Ham might in a few matches. If he goes then they could fall away and they could go through a bad patch in any case. Bournemouth have just sold their best player, and Southampton are off the pace.

It looks like the teams that get promotion will be the ones who want it the most.

I think one of the two teams who'll get automatic promotion will be Huddersfield, who will be the other one?

I think brighton are wobbling aren't they, 5 games without a win I thought thye said last night. the problem is every one else has strated to drop points as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]It proves that there is still all to play for in this league. Brighton might wobble - and I wonder what's keeping Gus Poyet at the Withdean? Blackburn are looking for a manager and maybe West Ham might in a few matches. If he goes then they could fall away and they could go through a bad patch in any case. Bournemouth have just sold their best player, and Southampton are off the pace.

I think brighton are wobbling aren't they, 5 games without a win I thought thye said last night. the problem is every one else has strated to drop points as well

Agree. It's such a shame we couldn't capitalise by picking up maximum points in recent games. But we all knew this season was going to be a slog and we've got ourselves in a good position to push on in the new year and get us out of this wretched league and hopefully never look back.
  • Options
    Ok, how often has CAFC pushed on after Christmas. We need to really raise our game after some very indifferent performances. I agree we have as good a first 11 as anyone in this league but we need to start playing to our strengths. Keep the ball on the deck and get it into the box quicker.
  • Options
    People thought it was the end of the world when they beat us.

Most forget they had one of the best home records last season.

Some people just need reality checks every now and then.