Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky or...

edited December 2010 in General Charlton
I know we are in a good position now. But since the takeover is coming, let's say Curbs is available and he is willing to come back. For a long term, will you keep Parky and think he can lead us back to our glory day (premier league), Or you will choose a manager like Alan Curbishley and believe Curbs can do it again for us one more time. I personally will choose Curbs. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    I look at it this way, we are where we are not because our manager lead us well. But it is because our opponents played bad and we got lucky to get points. Parky is a good person but not a good manager.
  • Options
    Andy I hope you've got a tin hat cos your going to get a load coming your way.

Me I agree whole heartedly with both posts but not many do .
  • Options
    Don't think there's any chance of curbs coming back. Considering that, who are we gonna get who is better than parky?
  • Options
    Do we really have to do this all over again
  • Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN !!!

yet another Parky/Takeover/Away Support* thread

* delete as appropriate
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited December 2010
    The most successful manager in Charlton's history bar Jimmy Seed, who would only likely agree to the job if he had a shed load of money to spend on and build the team or Parkinson ? Hmmm let me think about that for a minute......

How about Parkinson or Killer slime ?

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.toplessrobot.com/originalslime.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/11/the_7_best_slime_toys.php&usg=__N7Zh4ASyZfQXg-I4dxz-3aOpKr4=&h=300&w=511&sz=20&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=yAZdAZvOYYFuSM:&tbnh=107&tbnw=182&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtoy%2Bslime%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DG%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D786%26bih%3D515%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C103&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=448&vpy=107&dur=7929&hovh=172&hovw=293&tx=93&ty=197&ei=neANTYaQIY_-4wbBuayGAg&oei=St8NTaKsEMmbhQfV3bC2Dw&esq=25&page=1&ndsp=8&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0&biw=786&bih=515

As in what provides more entertainment ?
  • Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Blimey some of you lot must lead some boring lives if all you can do is start tedious threads on how bad our manager is when we are 4th in the table.

How did moneybags Sheffield Wednesday get on yesterday.

Sad.
  • Options
    Chips.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep, everything is rosy in the garden SA. Parkinson is a tactical God.
  • Options
    yep 4th in league one.
  • Options
    Everything is rosy in the garden, the last x5 performances is definitely automatic promotion quality and form.

A particularly superb response from Parkinson to turn around a faltering position against Walsall. Excellent response.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: vff[/cite]Everything is rosy in the garden, the last x5 performances is definitely automatic promotion quality and form.

A particularly superb response from Parkinson to turn around a faltering position against Walsall. Excellent response.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I know we are 4th now. What I am trying to say is DO YOU THINK PARKY IS A PREMIER LEAGUE MANAGER. If not, then I will say it is a good time now to find someone like Curbs that had premier league experience. Is it all we want going back to play Man Un, Arsenal, Liverpool, etc. instead of playing with Walsall? We used to play with Spur and got a WIN and now we are so exciting to JUST play with them in the FA cup?

We have to look at it for a long trem, especially the takeover is coming and many good premier league experience managers are unemployed now (Curbs, Allydice,). I am sure if there is money to spend, those guys are willing to come. No disrespect to Parky, but think about it, even though he got us promoted to Championship League, DO YOU REALLY THINK PARKY CAN GET US TO PREMIER LEAGUE AND STAY THERE? OR WILL YOU RATHER HAVE SOMEONE IS EXPERIENCED IN PERMIER LEAGUE?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Here we go again. Unbelievable.

I just hope that none of you have to work in a job where people - mainly unqualified people with no real knowledge or understanding of what you do or how you do it - constantly question your professional ability and demand/suggest that you get the boot everytime you seem to do something wrong.

How many people thought Ian Holloway, Tony Pullis or Mick McCarthy were "Premier League Managers" when they were managing in the lower divisions? Or Alan Pardew come to that.

And why are you worried about the Premier League? It's Division Three that we should be focussing on.
  • Options
    "We have to look at it for a long trem, especially the takeover is coming and many good premier league experience managers are unemployed now (Curbs, Allydice,). I am sure if there is money to spend, those guys are willing to come. No disrespect to Parky, but think about it, even though he got us promoted to Championship League, DO YOU REALLY THINK PARKY CAN GET US TO PREMIER LEAGUE AND STAY THERE? OR WILL YOU RATHER HAVE SOMEONE IS EXPERIENCED IN PERMIER LEAGUE? "

By the way, two seasons ago, Parky "lead" us to league one, last season, he failed to lead us back to championship. like i say, we are where we are because OUR OPPONENTS PLAYED BAD AND WE LUCKY TO GET POINTS.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Andy I hope you've got a tin hat cos your going to get a load coming your way.

Me I agree whole heartedly with both posts but not many do .[/quote]

Thank you. I finally find someone who is willing to face fact
  • Options
    Parky started July with a first team squad which didn't even reach 11 players. We're now 4 points off top and the chances are with a takeover going through he'll have a bit of money to spend in January to strengthen the squad.

We're doing alright. Parky has a squad which fights for him, although it does have it's limitations but what League One squad doesn't?

Let's just get behind Parky and the team instead of constantly bickering about replacing managers which if the past few years have taught us anything then changing your manager doesn't guarantee success!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Parky started July with a first team squad which didn't even reach 11 players. We're now 4 points off top and the chances are with a takeover going through he'll have a bit of money to spend in January to strengthen the squad.

We're doing alright. Parky has a squad which fights for him, although it does have it's limitations but what League One squad doesn't?

Let's just get behind Parky and the team instead of constantly bickering about replacing managers which if the past few years have taught us anything then changing your manager doesn't guarantee success!
    Well said.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Parky started July with a first team squad which didn't even reach 11 players. We're now 4 points off top and the chances are with a takeover going through he'll have a bit of money to spend in January to strengthen the squad.

Let's just get behind Parky and the team instead of constantly bickering about replacing managers which if the past few years have taught us anything then changing your manager doesn't guarantee success![/quote]

i heard this two seasons ago. RESULT: RELEGATED TO LEAGUE ONE

i heard this last season. RESULT: FALIED TO GET BACK TO CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE

Still no one answer the question (dont tell me Curbs is not coming back, bal, bal, bal.): Parky or Curbs? If you are the person who has the money, will you give it to Parky to spend or Curbs (or anyone who has premier league experience)?
  • Options
    Weird
  • Options
    I don't consider this a stupid or boring thread. It keeps reoccurring time and time again because nomatter what the Rose tinted brigade keep spouting there is genuine uncertainty regarding Parkinson amongst a pretty large section of the support including myself. Yes PP is obviously a very decent and hardworking bloke but in all honesty can anyone say that we look a good team regardless of our current fourth spot. I have watched Charlton for 49 years and in all that time I have seen a lot of dross dressed in a Charlton shirt. The current standard and quality of our football and I use the word football not players is the worst that I have witnessed. On that basis I do not stand with the give Parky a chance and it will all come good brigade. IMHO it won't. To answer the original point I don't think Curbs will ever return to Charlton as manager but yes I would take him over Parkinson any day. If the takeover happens I do hope they allow Parky to continue till the seasons end but quite frankly I do not see PP as our future so regardless of promotion or not I would replace him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: andyjames[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Parky started July with a first team squad which didn't even reach 11 players. We're now 4 points off top and the chances are with a takeover going through he'll have a bit of money to spend in January to strengthen the squad.

i heard this two seasons ago. RESULT: RELEGATED TO LEAGUE ONE

i heard this last season. RESULT: FALIED TO GET BACK TO CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE

Still no one answer the question (dont tell me Curbs is not coming back, bal, bal, bal.): Parky or Curbs? If you are the person who has the money, will you give it to Parky to spend or Curbs (or anyone who has premier league experience)?

your boring me now
  • Options
    like i say, we are where we are because OUR OPPONENTS PLAYED BAD AND WE LUCKY TO GET POINTS.

To be fair, andyjames has a point - we haven't won a single point this season by playing well. All of our points so far this season - and probably all of those last season too - have come as a result of our Champions League standard opposition having an off day and playing badly. FACT.

That or else,

a) he's on a wind up; or

b) he's mental.
  • Options
    Napolean famously asked of a general who was being recommended for promotion 'is he lucky?'

So Parky is lucky - great. A good manager makes his own luck.

We only win because the opposition play badly. Ignoring that this is statistically unlikely over a whole season. have you thought that the opposition play badly because we don't allow them to play well?

We are fourth. The last thing we need now is to change our manager ffs. Parky will get better, but IMO he isn't doing too badly now. Get off his case.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Andy I hope you've got a tin hat cos your going to get a load coming your way.

I agree too Andy which will surprise no one here.
  • Options
    As ever, Large is high on his own supply of gloom here
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Andy I hope you've got a tin hat cos your going to get a load coming your way.

I agree too Andy which will surprise no one here.

Really?

You really think we only get points because we are lucky that the opposition plays badly? (as per post #2)

Do you realise how ridiculous that sounds?
  • Options
    We get points because the players are largely decent enough for this division. Ghe way they are set up and ghe quality of football the coaches have them playing is quite frankly embarrassing.