Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Xmas Dinner this year?

2»

Comments

• Options
    me and my family are anti xmas dinner so we each have our favourite meal. we all have antipasti to start, then mini filo parcels and homemade sushi. After that is a freshly made chicken and tomato soup with ciabatta. Then i'll be having a mixed hanging kebab with tabule (spelling) and mixed pepper and apple couscous. My dad is having lambs liver and quail (each to their own) with buttery parsnips, sprouts, flat roasties and red wine reduction. Sister is going for a teriyaki beef stir fried with beansprouts, carrot, sugarsnap peas, mooli, water chestnuts, cabbage and noodles. Mum gets a chicken breast stuffed with tomato mushroom pepper and aubergine wrapped in parma ham and rested on an asparagus risotto served with a bistro style salad. Afters is my very own carrot cake, triple chocolate mousse gateaux thingy and passionfruit/lemon rippled sorbet.
  • Options
    Xmas at home this year, usually something like:

Turkey
    Gammon
    Roasties
    Yorkshires
    Pigs in Blankets
    Stuffing
    Peas/Carrots
    Parsnips

some other greens, i can't be bothered with.
  • Options
    Reheated Curry from the night before.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]I am eating vegetarians for christmas dinner...

Oh sh!t! Just dashing out to buy a turkey.
  • Options
    [cite]]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]I am eating vegetarians for christmas dinner...

how would you cook me?

You'd need a ferkin big oven :)
  • Options
    Being one of the weird veggies....

Home made nut roast en croute
    Paxo stuffing
    Brussell with roasted chestnuts
    Roast potatoes
    Roast Parsnips
    Swede Mash
    Peas
    Yorkshire puds

The meat eaters are bringing their own 'main' if they don't want to join us in eating the nut roast
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]
    Honey glazed gammon from our own pigs

do you know what that would be my ultimate goal in life own enough land to raise pigs and eat them welldone Lancs i really am envious of you right now

[cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]Shortage on frozen turkeys!

Went to Asda last night, completely sold out, didn't know if they would get any more before Christmas. Tesco's only had small/medium size birds and only about 15 left, so we had to get a medium one much to my wife's disgust. I can take it or leave it, but she loves a turkey, we end up eating it for a week!

She was actually in a state of panic in Asda's!

Get yourself to your local butchers and get one the free range bronze fat bstd turkeys from yuor local farm are quality none of taht frozen asda or tesco bollx

I'm just a poor council worker, £15 for an overgrown chicken is more than enough for me!
  • Options
    This will be my second Jesus Day spent with my fella. Always had turkey at home so I've got a bit fed up with it really.
    Last year was lamb, this year we're doing roast venison with stuffed quail.
    POSH IT UP.
  • Options
    Will be eating at The Rose in Bexleyheath. Free run of the bar when the riff raft gets thrown out. ;-)
  • Options
    You all eat like barbarians...apart from Seth, Kimbo, Alex & Keston.
    Nut roast, chestnut roast all the trimmings, roasted potatoes, parsnips etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]You all eat like barbarians...apart from Seth, Kimbo, Alex & Keston.

Veggies rule - oK?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]You all eat like barbarians...apart from Seth, Kimbo, Alex & Keston.

Veggies rule - oK?

We are taking over - if thats alright with everybody else.
  • Options
    What I meant to say was, bloody lightweights the lot of you. Just booze all day for me.
  • Options
    I eat whatever the family member that invites me over decides to cook!

At home I'll be eating home made Christmas cake and mince pies :-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Wilma[/cite]I eat whatever the family member that invites me over decides to cook!

At home I'll be eating home made Christmas cake and mince pies :-)[/quote]

We have chicken and gammon along with various veg and other bits. followed by a home made christmas pud that, judging by the smell, appears to be more whisky than pudding. fortunately I have a welders mask ready for when I set light to it.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]You all eat like barbarians...apart from Seth, Kimbo, Alex & Keston.
    Nut roast, chestnut roast all the trimmings, roasted potatoes, parsnips etc.[/quote]

There goes the Ozone Layer!!
  • Options
    Sam 31010 Sounds hard work. Isn't it supposed to be fairly easy? How can that many cooks get in the kitchen at one time?

p.s. Anyway saying jus instead of gravy needs a kick up the arse.