Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Any Brandy Drinkers Out There?

Can't stand the stuff myself, but we need to get someone a last minute Christmas present and have been told they like a drop of Brandy, so I'm after a recommendation. Nowt too expensive and needs to be freely available from your average supermarket (fine wine and spirit emporiums are thin on the ground in this hick town I live in, unless you count Bargain Booze!).

Only brand I can even name is Napoleon and I have no idea if that's any good or not, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Hine is very good. I know a lot of people however, including myself, who prefer Spanish brandy to French, it's slightly sweet and usually been aged in oak barrels and it doesn't give you a hangover, unlike French brandy. Most supermarkets do their own imported versions for around £10-12 a bottle.
  • Cheers Misty. Sweeter stuff sounds ideal so I'll see what Iberian delights Sainsburys have still got on their shelves tonight.
  • Drank 3/4 of a bottle before a New Model Army gig when I was about 16.

Can't even sniff the stuff now.
  • Cheap Spanish Brandy is the best, IMHO. Good in coffee...
  • Soberano is a good Spanish brand if you can get it over here. I also like Metaxa (Greek) and, slightly posher, Courvoisier (French).
  • Courvoisier or Martel are well known and avaliable in most off licences
  • Cheers for the advice guys, we picked up a bottle of Spanish stuff last night. The bottle looks nice so hopefully the Brandy will taste good too!
  • Nothing but Spanish. On the rocks to start a weekend, can't beat it.

Even Better in a coffee with one sugar.
  • Metaxa 7 star. Greek.
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Drank 3/4 of a bottle before a New Model Army gig when I was about 16.

Can't even sniff the stuff now.

New Model Army, now there's a blast from the past.

Saw them supporting The Damned at Finsbury Park in the early 80's. Funnily enough, I was smashed too!
  • Sponsored links:

• Brandy makes you randy........
  • Whiskey makes you frisky.......
  • And Gin makes you sin.
  • I drink all three. All the time and loads of it.