Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welling Vs Bromley *REARRANGED MATCH TONIGHT 7:45*

2»

Comments

• Options
    Went to the game and yes the sub named (Day - Manager) was actually at hospital. Shame as WIngs no. 11 had a shocker but the other ten were excellent and then with 4 mins left the lights went out!!!! Let's hope they stuff em whne they play again.
  • Options
    Well that was interesting! 3 minutes left on the clock. If I were a Welling fan I would be pretty peeved! Bromley didn't look like scoring at the end. Frustrating game as matches at this level usually are. Bromley had plenty of posession but were totally blunt up front. Goal came from a cheeky flick from a corner. Pretty much all Bromley's goals this season have come from set pieces. Welling's goals were two cracking strikes. Still, counts for nothing in the end! Good result for Bromley!

(Conspiracy theorists out there.....Welling are still in major trouble with the Tax man. The Bromley match is one of the biggest money spinners of the season. Match abandoned right at the end. Replay=double the money? Bromley don't lose points. Everybody's happy.)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]
    (Conspiracy theorists out there.....Welling are still in major trouble with the Tax man. The Bromley match is one of the biggest money spinners of the season. Match abandoned right at the end. Replay=double the money? Bromley don't lose points. Everybody's happy.)

That's exactly what I thought. Though why leave it that late to do it and risk the ref making them play on with half the lights on.

Looking forward to the replay, hope I will be able to go to that one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: wwaddickson[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]

That's exactly what I thought. Though why leave it that late to do it and risk the ref making them play on with half the lights on.

Looking forward to the replay, hope I will be able to go to that one.
    My thinking was maybe they wanted to give the paying crowd something for their money, so at least they gave them very nearly a full 90mins of football. Will be interesting to see if they accept original ticket stubs for the rematch, although they're only little admission tickets with no specific info on so can't see how they could do it.
  • Options
    hope they rearrange it towards the end of the season, nice warm spring night when we ain't playing will do
  • Options
    Did Harrison Dunk play? Any reports? We had him on trial for a while and is on the radar of a few clubs.
  • Options
    Dunk played, looked good as ever. Looked as if he was going to Crawley in January but didn't happen in the end. Contracts up at the end of the season so will likely go somewhere on a free.
  • Options
    according to the Welling website it says only 1 pair of the floodlights couldn't be restarted and from looking at the pic, there looks enough light to finish a couple of minutes !
  • Options
    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/8842617.Wings_come_to_terms_with_floodlight_fiasco/
  • Options
    Rescheduled to Wednesday March 2nd and its only a fiver to get in, might pop down
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So, who's going to the rematch tonight? Only a fiver and Bromley are taking half the ticket sales which is a nice gesture from Welling.
  • Options
    Tempted, will be on my own though :(