Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best kept secret . . . EVER

edited December 2010 in General Charlton
This has to be the first time ever in Football business, that a deal like this has been kept under wraps by both parties. Normally someone involved leaks something to someone that enable the pieces to be put together.
This means that no one but the senior officials of the parties involved, know the detail of the deal.
It is incredible that it has not leaked.

Is this a good or bad sign ? I'm not sure. But very well done for achieving it.

Comments

• Options
    You mean your not on the alternative Charlton Life board which Afka set up, we've known who it is for weeks
  • Options
    Actually the best kept secret ever is
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]This has to be the first time ever in Football business, that a deal like this has been kept under wraps by both parties. Normally someone involved leaks something to someone that enable the pieces to be put together.
    This means that no one but the senior officials of the parties involved, know the detail of the deal.
    It is incredible that it has not leaked.

Is this a good or bad sign ? I'm not sure. But very well done for achieving it.

or the fact we are in league one and no papers would sell due to an artical on the matter
  • Options
    suggests 2 things to me:

Not many people outside The Valley care now we have dropped down the leagues.
    Not a major outfit buying us as more likely to be a leak I guess.
  • Options
    IAIA
    edited December 2010
    Do Leeds fans/journalists know who owns their club?

I know there was a rule change on ownership in the Championship this season, but they definitely went three years without anyone knowing who they are.

link
  • Options
    But a simple fact is, that in previous days anything of any significance has been leaked from the Charlton end. A secretary has to type letters etc. People come and go at The Valley Someone must have seen the people involved at The Valley. etc etc And of course Peter Varney has many close friends who are supporters and some who work at the club.
    So Peter Varney has not told a soul and typed his own letters. Amazing
  • Options
    You have to figure that full details will be in the Boxing Day match programme, or on a printed insert.

All of which are probably done already.

It is remarkable that nothing has leaked. I have some excellent inside contacts and they know nothing at all about it.

The fact that the announcement was first made exactly at the moment that the World Cup venue programme began on TV tells us all that someone wants a low profile. No papers on Xmas Day either, so the info on 24th Dec will go largely unreported.

My bet is that we are going to be owned by some insignificant non-entity private company - and may never know the true extent of the deal.
  • Options
    It's surprising that we know nothing at all thus far and I'm hopeful it's a large middle eastern injection who want it done discreetly.

Thursday is usually announcement day so fingers crossed
  • Options
    Well until it's done and dusted and the announcement has been made, we don't know that it hasn't leaked, do we?
  • Options
    It's surprising that we know nothing at all thus far and I'm hopeful it's a large middle eastern injection who want it done discreetly.

Thursday is usually announcement day so fingers crossed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Given the unprecedented almost KGB levels of security surrounding this takeover I am surprised that an initial statement was made at all. What purpose did that actuly serve. It is now obvious that whoever it is have called for a total news blackout so why announce anything at all until the deal has Been settled one way or another. Very strange imho and I just wonder how open the new people will be about anything once they're in place. We have been relatively lucky with transparency at Charlton and any significant change from that will I feel cause some friction. I am looking forward to reading / listening to a statement of intent from the new people and trust it's what we want to hear. My gut feeling is that the timetable will slip and all we will be fed either tomorrow or Friday is that due diligence is still progressing but not finalised yet. It all very exiting though.