Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Varney just arrived at The Valley

edited December 2010 in General Charlton
Just picking up a Southampton ticket and bumped into Peter Varney who just arrived

I asked if today was a big day and his reply was.....

"I hope so"

So if nothing else this confirms it's all still alive!

Comments

• Options
    hang around a bit longer, do some digging
  • Options
    Only turning up at 10am?

Can't be in that much of a hurry then?
  • Options
    Ive dug some more potholes but I'm none the wiser I'm afraid
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Ive dug some more potholes but I'm none the wiser I'm afraid
    Hidden message?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Ive dug some more potholes but I'm none the wiser I'm afraid

Is this a cryptic message? just that you mentioned wise(er)
  • Options
    i think a announcement of some sort will happen as fans were told it would be done by today, if it doesn't happen,I think
    some kind of statement will be made.
  • Options
    13hrs, 36 mins and 45 seconds left....
  • Options
    But Mrs V says he's got to be back indoors by 4pm to baste the turkey...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]13hrs, 36 mins and 45 seconds left....[/quote]

Not for me there isn't
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Steal his phone and look through the phonebook.

Obviously slyly put it back a bit later incase they call.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An update from fake_murray on twitter

Why are there a load of Americans riding camels and carrying Sainsburys shopping bags in the car park? Is there something going on?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Colin in Thailand.[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]13hrs, 36 mins and 45 seconds left....

Not for me there isn't

shouldnt you be in bed?...santa wont come if your awake.
  • Options
    Won't be popular with Mrs V. Working on Chritmas Eve. Her family are from coninental europe so today is when they have the big meal etc.
  • Options
    Yuletide logs may be burning low in the hearth before Charlton fans learn today whether a deal to take over the cash strapped League 1 club has been completed. A mystery consortium, rumoured to include Dennis Wise, has been bidding to acquire the club from Richard Murray who took over sole control earlier in the year.

The club has quite a complex set of properties, including a large training ground at New Eltham which was upgraded to Premier League standards. Sorting out interests in all these has been complex and the bad weather has not helped.

The Addicks' potential new owners were hoping to conclude a deal by Christmas Eve.
    But the club's former chief executive Peter Varney who is representing the group, has admitted that their hopes of assuming control today is likely to go to the wire.

He said: 'We're doing everything we possibly can to complete what is a very complex transaction which involves a whole array of third parties.'

The takeover of Crystal Palace was slowed by waiting for the Football League to rubber stamp the club's change of hands. The share - which is their right to play in the division - has to be transferred. However, Varney has said that this is not a problem.

Charlton fans helped to clear the stands and approaches of ice at The Valley yesterday to ensure that the Boxing Day game against Southampton will go ahead. That should provide some cash flow and the away cup tie at Spurs should yield about £250k for the Addicks.

However, the club is running at a loss and without an injection of new funds administration will be difficult to avoid
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'm at heathrow and I've just seen jose arrive, coincedense?%~{>
  • Options
    Where has Semedo been then ?
  • Options
    medical with inter milan?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]I'm at heathrow and I've just seen jose arrive, coincedense?%~{>
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Where has Semedo been then ?

Semedo who? It's Mourinho, gonna be our new manager
  • Options
    I've now arrived in madrid the place is in chaos and uproar mourinho has left real and it's official he's gonna be our new gaffa. fact!%~{>
  • Options
    Me and my mate saw Semedo in Bluewater yesterday. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    gawd this is so boring