Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley Express to the called off game . . .

HigHig
edited December 2010 in General Charlton
Got the valley express to the saints game today, as you all know it was called off, the PA announcement came through just as I was coming out of ransom walk!!
Would the valley express tickets be valid for the re arranged date or will everyone have to buy them again, seeing as the coaches did actually do their job or taking people to and from charlton?

Comments

• Options
    Good question,
    i also went up on the valley express,
    but i think may have to pay again, after all, people who went by car might say, well if thats the case i want a petrol refund
  • Options
    We were probably all on the same bus up from ashford
    it would be a nice gesture for the club to offer a refund or free travel to the re-arranged game
    however i can not see this happening as it will cost the club a lot of money and the point raised about car and train travel
  • Options
    I think you are both right AA and damo, still, we've probably got until april to raise that £7, apparently Parky wanted it to be played in January but it can't be done for some reason.
  • Options
    The club has been stuck with a load of costs with no revenue incoming for this game so don't hold your breath
  • Options
    Murray was furious in the car park and was saying that it was going to cost the club £50000 and that's without Police costs.Therefore think you may have to find another £7
  • Options
    In fairness the Valley Express did as advertised and got you to the ground ;)
  • Options
    Just because it is a service provided by the club shouldn't automatically entitle you to a free trip next time. However unpalatable it may seem other fans would have suffered much higher costs that they are unable to get back. It wasn't the clubs fault the game wasn't played so unfortunately it's just one of those things.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]In fairness the Valley Express did as advertised and got you to the ground ;)
    I understand what you are all saying but I did say these things in my post, "seeing as the coaches did actually do their job or taking people to and from charlton"
    I was not complaining about the costs or having a go at anyone, just asking a question, if I found out the club were providing the service for free then I would have felt a bit stupid having thrown my old ticket away back in December.
  • Options
    Sorry guys, I too lost £7 but in concentrating on that I believe you are hiding the real problem. The people running football ie FA and FIFA are a disgrace. When I heard the news, the words
    piss up and brewery immediately sprang to mind. Surely the common sense thing to do at times like this is to insist upon a referees inspection four hours before kick off. If he declares the pitch playable, the game is on unless some further problem occurs. If he says it is not then that is it, game off and nobody ( apart from anyone travelling from distance ) has to suffer either loss or inconvenience. Rocket science it is not, what we need in the FA is a new broom to sweep it clean of all the idiots, and make the running of it equal in quality to the pleasure of watching it.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: J-Block Hig[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]In fairness the Valley Express did as advertised and got you to the ground ;)
    I understand what you are all saying but I did say these things in my post, "seeing as the coaches did actually do their job or taking people to and from charlton"
    I was not complaining about the costs or having a go at anyone, just asking a question, if I found out the club were providing the service for free then I would have felt a bit stupid having thrown my old ticket away back in December.

Why dont you whisper airman as he isthe horses mouth he should be able to give you a definitive answer (Subject to arab / chinese/wise / O2 owner takeover).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]

Why dont you whisper airman as he isthe horses mouth he should be able to give you a definitive answer (Subject to arab / chinese/wise / O2 owner takeover).

Think you will find that he is a Russian born American citizen ;-)
  • Options
    i was on the coach to Walsall away last year when the game had the plug pulled.
    the club either refunded coach tickets or in my case let me travel up to the rearranged match for no additional fee.
  • Options
    This is a difficult one because there is no precedent - the coaches did not get to Walsall and away travel is not subsidised - and we did provide the service. We have to pay for the coaches in full.

Even if we offered travel to the rearranged game that would be just reduce the revenue from that match/incur more cost.
  • Options
    don't see how Charlton can refund the Valley Express money, will they then give those that drove the petrol money they spent ?

it's done, it's only £7 (I believe)...time to move on
  • Options
    Try asking Transport for London for a refund on your bus fares because the match was postponed - they'll just laugh at you.

Whilst it may be organised by CAFC, Valley Express is effectively just a bus service. They ran the advertised service & aren't under any obligation to offer a free ticket for the rearranged match. I'm sure they'd love to be able to do that, but it'd open up the floodgates to claims for petrol money etc. which is something the club definitely can't afford at the moment.

In the days of the Premiership there may have been some kind of offer for the new date (half price ticket/free programme), but we simply don't have the money.

Yeah, it's annoying to waste cash, but in the grand scheme of things it's not a huge cost per person.
  • Options
    Sorry but this has cost the club a huge amount of money already so I would hope everyone will just accept their own costs and not try and push the club into refunding it.
  • Options