Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton on Wednesday... on or off?

edited December 2010 in General Charlton

Comments

• Options
    BBC weather says its gonna be 8 on Wednesday. So yes.
  • Options
    I vote off as more bad luck will come our way as it always does :-(
  • Options
    you having a bad Christmas Jazz?
  • Options
    depends on who the ref is
  • Options
    Defo 100% on ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]you having a bad Christmas Jazz?

Ermmm not really no, but the postponed game today has just ticked me off badly and everybody else for that matter to. Just can see it happening again is all.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]Defo 100% on ;-)

You don't work in the CAFC office answering the phones do you, CPL? Cos that's what anyone who rang the Valley this morning was being told !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]Defo 100% on ;-)

You don't work in the CAFC office answering the phones do you, CPL? Cos that's what anyone who rang the Valley this morning was being told !!!

To be fair no one thought D'Urso really was a C***
  • Options
    is it on tv? wondering why its on wednesday?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]is it on tv? wondering why its on wednesday?

Good point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's on Wednesday as both clubs agreed to switch it from a holiday Tuesday to a back to work Wednesday so as to piss off fans from both clubs. Held at 3pm on a Tuesday it would have a better chance of going ahead than at 7.45pm on Wednesday when temperatures will be dropping again. I am surprised that more fans havnt been as disgusted at switching this as I have, hence the reason I am not able to go. And no it isn't on tv.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Only five games still on in Div Three - four tomorrow and us on Wed.

Whether there will be more games to add to the postponed list, I don't know.

Using the logic employed at the Valley yesterday, I suppose we can say Wed's game is ''definitely on''. At least until it is definitely in doubt. And once it is definitely in doubt, it might subsequently turn out to be definitely back on. Or it might definitely be not on.

It's all a bit Donald Rumsfeld, isn't it?

Perhaps he's part of the American takeover consortium.
  • Options
    Least its not that far too travel for us if its called off an hour before
  • Options
    nichorob
    Speak for yourself.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]Defo 100% on ;-)[/quote]

You don't work in the CAFC office answering the phones do you, CPL? Cos that's what anyone who rang the Valley this morning was being told !!![/quote]

That was a sarcastic wink mate.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    "Sigh". It's on Wednesday because we had a game scheduled for Sunday, thus giving us three clear days for recovery. Looking at the weather forecast it'll be on, though wet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Wheresmeticket?[/cite]"Sigh". It's on Wednesday because we had a game scheduled for Sunday, thus giving us three clear days for recovery.

Double sigh. All the other teams in the division had games scheduled for Sunday - and apart from Brighton and us they are playing tomorrow (Tues).
  • Options
    Well.....maybe they were being nice to us. Or something.

Thhrrrrrrp
  • Options
    no, the powers that be once again disregarded the fans and instead of playing on a holiday decided to make us schlepp down there in the evening when most of us are at work.
  • Options
    The game was moved to Wednesday - as the Swindon game was originally put back to Tuesday - because the two managers got together and decided that was what they wanted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well that's a shame as I reckon we could have got a good crowd down there this afternoon.
    Wouldn't fancy sitting in that stand tomorrow night being a wimp.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Well that's a shame as I reckon we could have got a good crowd down there this afternoon.
    Wouldn't fancy sitting in that stand tomorrow night being a wimp.

sold out tomorrow night isn't it ? (well the away end I mean)
  • Options
    Is it really? Didn't realise that. Hardy souls.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]It's on Wednesday as both clubs agreed to switch it from a holiday Tuesday to a back to work Wednesday so as to piss off fans from both clubs. Held at 3pm on a Tuesday it would have a better chance of going ahead than at 7.45pm on Wednesday when temperatures will be dropping again. I am surprised that more fans havnt been as disgusted at switching this as I have, hence the reason I am not able to go. And no it isn't on tv.
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]no, the powers that be once again disregarded the fans and instead of playing on a holiday decided to make us schlepp down there in the evening when most of us are at work.

You're partly right. They didn't do it "so as to piss the fans off" en masse - I believe we have sold our tickets, so that doesn't exactly ring true. They actually did it just to piss you off.

Worked a treat too didn't it? Who says the club can't get anything right.
  • Options
    If anyone has a ticket going, PM me and i'll make it worth your while.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]If anyone has a ticket going, PM me and i'll make it worth your while.

Sounds kinky. I'm out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]If anyone has a ticket going, PM me and i'll make it worth your while.

Sounds kinky. I'm out.

When in rome..
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]no, the powers that be once again disregarded the fans and instead of playing on a holiday decided to make us schlepp down there in the evening when most of us are at work.[/quote]

most at work ? dont think so off until 5th jan, most people shut down for a week, apart from city bods.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]most at work ? dont think so off until 5th jan, most people shut down for a week, apart from city bods.
    Ha! Chance'd be a fine thing.
  • Options
    Got a house full of bloody Brighton fans at the moment, game should definently be on. Although they have admitted they should not be allowed in the league with that shit hole ground