Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your top 5 Movies of 2010 ?

edited December 2010 in Not Sports Related
Hi all

To take my mind off of what was an extremely frustrating day i thought i would find out what CL members thought were their favourite films of 2010.

Behind my kids , Charlton and cricket , films play a big part in my life.

Here are my top 5

1- Avatar
2- Toy story 3
3- Fish Tank
4- The Lovely Bones
5- Catfish

Honerable mentions

The Girl who kicked the Hornets Nest
The Road
44 Inch Chest
Mary and Max
The Secret in Their Eyes
Cemetery Junction
Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll

Comments

• Options
    Four Lions
    Oil City Confidential
    Winter's Bone

struggle to think of any others
  • Options
    The Secret In Their Eyes (Best performances ever)
    Toy Story 3 (Close to perfection)
    Kick Ass (Fresh, stupid, fun, but became the film it kinda said it wouldn't)
    Inception (Best blockbuster since Dark Knight)
    The Expendables (hahaha)

Beds - I'm personally still not convinced by Catfish's authenticity, which makes of breaks it, and The Lovely Bones just didn't work for me, at least not on the dream level. Like Peter Jackson ate an Apple Mac and had a bout of special effects diarrhea. I haven't read the book, from what I know of the story, I didn't think Jackson/ Boyens/ Walsh nailed their script. The final reel didn't fit!

And the other thing is, Fish Tank and Avatar came out in 2009!! (Smiley emoticon)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JiMMy 85[/cite]The Secret In Their Eyes (Best performances ever)
    Toy Story 3 (Close to perfection)
    Kick Ass (Fresh, stupid, fun, but became the film it kinda said it wouldn't)
    Inception (Best blockbuster since Dark Knight)
    The Expendables (hahaha)

Beds - I'm personally still not convinced by Catfish's authenticity, which makes of breaks it, and The Lovely Bones just didn't work for me, at least not on the dream level. Like Peter Jackson ate an Apple Mac and had a bout of special effects diarrhea. I haven't read the book, from what I know of the story, I didn't think Jackson/ Boyens/ Walsh nailed their script. The final reel didn't fit!

And the other thing is, Fish Tank and Avatar came out in 2009!! (Smiley emoticon)

I was convinced Catfish was real and makers are still adamant it is.
    It was always going to be difficult to do the heaven scenes in Lovely Bones and i think they got it about right.
    I agree about Toy Story 3 - absolutely stunning.
    As for Inception , i thought it was overrated i was really disappointed when i eventually got to see it.
    True , Avatar and Fishtank were released in 2009 but i saw them in video release at the start of 2010.
  • Options
    4 Lions
    Inception...

I'm struggling after that to be honest, it's not been a great year. Was the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and Let the Right One In this year? A year of hyped up 3D conversions, remakes and serial adaptations.
  • Options
    Inception
    Toy Story 3
    Kick Ass
    HP 7A (nerdy I know but I like all that Potter stuff)

Struggling to think of much beyond that. I thought Inception was knock out good and probably one of my top 5 all time films, but the others in my list were all very good, but not great. As others have said, it's been a weak year dominated by over-hyped 3D rubbish and living in a a bit of a cultural vacuum up here it's not easy finding somewhere to watch things like Let the Right One In that I hear Mark Kermode raving about. I can't even always get hold of them from my local Blockbuster.
  • Options
    Just seen Aftershock - it was absolutely brilliant. When Mrs Stig brought it home I saw the title and heard that it was about an earthquake and sat their dreading having to sit through one of those awful Hollywood disaster movies. Fortunately it wasn't like that at all. Possibly the most moving film I have ever seen.
  • Options
    Inception (in my top 5 of all time)
    Toy Story 3 (brought a tear to my eye)
    The A Team ("you can't fly a tank fool")
    HP7 (getting darker...poor old Dobby)
    Disappearance of Alice Creed (lovely Gemma)

Overall I agree that it has not been a vintage year.
  • Options
    1. Black Swan
    2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
    3. Inception
    4. The Social Network
    5. Kick-Ass
  • Options
    Four Lions
    Machete
    Kick Ass

Ermmmm..........
  • Options
    Black Swan
    Shutter Island
    True Gritt
    Inception
    Winters Bone
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Black Swan
    Inception
    Kick-Ass
    Nowhere Boy (this may have been late 09??)
    Toy Story 3
  • Options
    Avatar. Charlie. St cloud. Shutter island. The lovely bones
  • Options
    Of Gods and Men
    The Social Network
    The American
    In The City of Sylvia
    I Am Love
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Killarahales[/cite]The A Team ("you can't fly a tank fool")
    Finally got around to seeing this the other night. The finale was a bit muddled, but on the whole I loved it. Was true to the feel of the 80s series while still up to date. Particularly liked the explanation for BA's fear of flying.
  • Options
    Just seen 127 Hours - Absolutely Brilliant. Danny Boyle can do no wrong.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Just seen 127 Hours - Absolutely Brilliant. Danny Boyle can do no wrong.

I'd give my right arm to be in one of his movies. :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Just seen 127 Hours - Absolutely Brilliant. Danny Boyle can do no wrong.

I want to see that, apparently james franco is brilliant in it.

watched 'the next three days' instead. pretty low key film really, and all the action is in the trailer.

also watched 'book of eli' last night. thought it was brilliantly shot but too unbelievable for my liking.
  • Options
    James Franco is superb. i never thought he had that performance in him. I hope he's up for an Oscar nomination.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]James Franco is superb. i never thought he had that performance in him. I hope he's up for an Oscar nomination.

have you seen pineapple express?....i mean its not a 'serious' film but he is brilliant in that as well.
  • Options
    Inception
    A prophet
    Kick Ass
    The Social Network
    Expendables

also enjoyed The Town and Wall Street 2, but 2010 was really lacking in gritty films, made up of mostly audience-pleasers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't Black Swan only just come out? It's 2011!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]James Franco is superb. i never thought he had that performance in him. I hope he's up for an Oscar nomination.

have you seen pineapple express?....i mean its not a 'serious' film but he is brilliant in that as well.

Yeah i saw that, He was probably the best thing about the film. (I Can't stand Seth Rogan)
  • Options
    To all the people who said the lovely bones, did you read the book first? I haven't seen the film yet but read it last week and im just wondering how it measures up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]To all the people who said the lovely bones, did you read the book first? I haven't seen the film yet but read it last week and im just wondering how it measures up.

I never read the book but i remember people saying that it would be near impossible to make into a film but as films go it's up there with best.
  • Options
    Piranha 3d
  • Options
    Back Door Babes 10
    Sex-Toy Story 3
    The Felacio Network
    Slutty Island
    3 Women 1 Dog
  • Options
    Made in Dagenham.
  • Options
    Inception
    Toy Story 3
    Shutter Island
    The Other Guys
    Harry Potter
  • Options
    Not a great year. Four Lions and maybe Kick Ass were the only keepers for me. No dramas worth a second watch although I haven't seen Inception yet.
  • Options
    Of gods and men
    The road
    A single man
    Inception
    Social Network