Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New striker on the shopping list

edited December 2010 in General Charlton
With all the problems going on at Plymouth and with the varney take over if we have some money to spend perhaps we could take a punt at Bradley wright Phillips we could get him on the cheap i think he has scored his fair share of goals this season.

Also John fortune contract is up end if jan so the club needs to make a decision on him

Comments

• Options
    Plymouth seem ripe for picking . At this level I'd take BWP ,not sure if we are promoted though. Also is he the right sort of character ?

While talking about Plymouth I'd like to see Marcel Seip play because he might solve the Centre Back cover issue for us and also Karl Duquid has Parky links and is a sort of right sided utility player who also could provide useful cover accross the whole of the right side similar to Jackson on the left .

As i have said on similar threads I would also like another Goalie ( maybe a player / Goalie Coach ) and a Left Back.
  • Options
    Lee BWP was subject of discussion just pre x mas.

Fortch if end of jan then there is plenty of time to see what the new owners want from the squad
  • Options
    Leeds are after BWP.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    He's come down from the CCC with his last two clubs - he'll be looking for another club to "help out" for, what? £5 - 7k / week? I doubt we could afford that - as he's a Londoner, maybe Palace?
  • Options
    I'd rather we sign Charlie Austin than BWP.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]I'd rather we sign Charlie Austin than BWP.

I think most would, but there will be a big difference in price between them. Austin has a unblemished record, a growing reutation and is playing for a club who aren't desperate for the cash. We'd be lucky to get much change out of £1M for Austin.

BWP has a patchy record behind him and Plymouth are broke. £400K or less may well be enough to get him.
  • Options
    Just reading the BBC web site they also have a talented winger Craig noone who is attracting interest if we can get 4 quality players championship level I think we can go up automatically this period will be pp toughest yet if he is given money to spend he had to get it right we cannot afford another season i'n league one
  • Options
    I really think we need two more strikers if we really want to challenge for top spot, last night brought that home to me.as we really needed to put pressure on them and force a winner but did not have the resources to do it. Currently we have four strikers of which only two seem to be in Parky's plans.
    1. Benno, plays well when we play well but lacks that little bit extra
    2. Anyinsah, the only one of our strikers that seems able to perform even when we don't. He roughs up defenders and likes to run at people, shame he is always injured and therefore and extension on his contract is a gamble.
    3. Sodje, can be good but often isn't and is currently injured.
    4. Abbott, the only person with less confidence in his ability to score goals than the fans appears to be him.