Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spurs ticket swap - lower for upper?

edited December 2010 in General Charlton
Dear all - me and my brothers bought our Spurs tickets under the first stage of release, but my Dad had only been to 3 away games so had to wait until they went on sale to season ticket holders.

Our tickets are in the upper tier - I did ask when booking my Dad's if they could give him an upper tier one as well, but he has got a lower tier ticket. Just wondering if there's anybody in the reverse situation who wants to / or would be willing to swap their upper tier ticket in exchange for my Dad's lower tier ticket so that we can try and sit (stand) together?

He's block 35 row 23

Cheers all

Comments

• Options
    Sorry i cant help out here, but do you reckon we'll all be standing? Im upper tier, really hope we are standing.
  • Options
    how does that help paul?
  • Options
    I would hope we'll all be standing too, and imagine most will, but you can never tell with our support and I imagine the front 5 or 10 rows will probably be sat down. But as Nolly says, that doesn't help me out so if anybody else can step up to the plate here, I'm going to Brighton so can exchange then...
  • Options
    Ill be standing for sure and im in the lower!
  • Options
    I hope your in the first 10 rows then jazzy! I'm row 12 lower tier I doubt I'll be able to stand without someone having a go.
  • Options
    anyone know how many rows are in the lower?
    im in row 28 and hoping to be near the back
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: J-Block Hig[/cite]I hope your in the first 10 rows then jazzy! I'm row 12 lower tier I doubt I'll be able to stand without someone having a go.

Worse for me mate, Im in row 6, block 38! HORRIBLE seats by the sounds of it. Really hope everybody stands up.
  • Options
    I do hope there is a bit of common sense on the day and people aren't rude for the sake of it. If there are elderly supporters behind you, don't make their life a misery. That said, some people can really do themselves a favour sometimes and not insist on sitting down if their seat happens to be on the back row.

As it is my ticket says Lower tier, Block 36, row 6, but I have no intention of being there but rather with friends further back.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: EGAddick[/cite]I do hope there is a bit of common sense on the day and people aren't rude for the sake of it. If there are elderly supporters behind you, don't make their life a misery. That said, some people can really do themselves a favour sometimes and not insist on sitting down if their seat happens to be on the back row.

As it is my ticket says Lower tier, Block 36, row 6, but I have no intention of being there but rather with friends further back.

Oh I totally agree, I would never stand and make anybody feel like they HAVE to then stand.
    Are you saying that alot of people will sit in different seats anyway? including yourself?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: EGAddick[/cite]I do hope there is a bit of common sense on the day and people aren't rude for the sake of it. If there are elderly supporters behind you, don't make their life a misery. That said, some people can really do themselves a favour sometimes and not insist on sitting down if their seat happens to be on the back row.

As it is my ticket says Lower tier, Block 36, row 6, but I have no intention of being there but rather with friends further back.[/quote]

Oh I totally agree, I would never stand and make anybody feel like they HAVE to then stand.
    Are you saying that alot of people will sit in different seats anyway? including yourself?[/quote]

Do at away games anyway, don't see how or why Spurs should be any different.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As much as i admire your enthusiasm to stand EG addick, do you not think at your age it would be better to sit down?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]As much as i admire your enthusiasm to stand EG addick, do you not think at your age it would be better to sit down?

Yeah, all that grafting down the farm must give you a sore back?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]As much as i admire your enthusiasm to stand EG addick, do you not think at your age it would be better to sit down?

Yeah, all that grafting down the farm must give you a sore back?

And crack.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: EGAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: EGAddick[/cite]I do hope there is a bit of common sense on the day and people aren't rude for the sake of it. If there are elderly supporters behind you, don't make their life a misery. That said, some people can really do themselves a favour sometimes and not insist on sitting down if their seat happens to be on the back row.

Are you saying that alot of people will sit in different seats anyway? including yourself?

Do at away games anyway, don't see how or why Spurs should be any different.

You may well do at other away games we havent sold out but if you think you and a load of others are just going to sit where you like without any probs then you're mistaken.

I look forward to the threads after this game about the sitting and standing etc.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    I look forward to the threads after this game about the sitting and standing etc.

Oh Jeez, don't! (You're right, of course!)
  • Options
    No matter how many old goats post about how standing is wrong, i can't see how it will change anyones mind.
    If you go to an away London game you have to expect to be standing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]Dear all - me and my brothers bought our Spurs tickets under the first stage of release, but my Dad had only been to 3 away games so had to wait until they went on sale to season ticket holders.

Our tickets are in the upper tier - I did ask when booking my Dad's if they could give him an upper tier one as well, but he has got a lower tier ticket. Just wondering if there's anybody in the reverse situation who wants to / or would be willing to swap their upper tier ticket in exchange for my Dad's lower tier ticket so that we can try and sit (stand) together?

He's block 35 row 23

Cheers all

• Options
    Standing is the way to go, you know it makes sence!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]No matter how many old goats post about how standing is wrong, i can't see how it will change anyones mind.

So, in (your) words, Everyone can break "the rules & laws" ?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]No matter how many old goats post about how standing is wrong, i can't see how it will change anyones mind.

So, in (your) words, Everyonecanbreak "the rules & laws" ?

How's that train schedule?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In recent seasons we've had to leave Gillingham,Southend and other games before halftime as Sandra is only 5ft 4" and after 32 years of carpet fitting my knees aren't what they were.Fed up with getting abuse from people like you after politely asking people to "Sit Down Please". You going to give us the money we have wasted because of idiots like yourself ?
    Look at your tickets: They have "Seat numbers" on them.
    Are you really that rude & thick ?
    You may make "more noise" than some, but you're not really considering others are you ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]No matter how many old goats post about how standing is wrong, i can't see how it will change anyones mind.

So, in (your) words, Everyone[i aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]can[/i]break "the rules & laws" ?

And what "train schedule" ?
    You must be one of these idiots who think being obnoxious is "supporting your team".
  • Options
    Moan Moan Moan, all this website is about sometimes!
  • Options
    I shall be at the game with my 70 year-old Dad. We are in row 9. If anyone stands up in front of him, expect to be asked politely to sit down. If you don't, expect to be told rudely by me to.

He was standing at Charlton games when many of your Dads weren't old enough to go to games. So show him the respect he deserves.
  • Options
    It’s a pretty simple solution isn’t it ? One which most other clubs seem to manage. If you want to sit, go down the front and if you want to stand stay near the back ? If you’re in row six why on earth would you assume you’re going to be standing ?

I haven’t checked my tickets, got them pretty early on so there is a good chance I’ve been assigned a seat near the front but when I get to WHL then I will certainly be getting as close to the back of the stand as possible so I can stand without impeding the view of addicks who want to sit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]It’s a pretty simple solution isn’t it ? One which most other clubs seem to manage. If you want to sit, go down the front and if you want to stand stay near the back ? If you’re in row six why on earth would you assume you’re going to be standing ?

I haven’t checked my tickets, got them pretty early on so there is a good chance I’ve been assigned a seat near the front but when I get to WHL then I will certainly be getting as close to the back of the stand as possible so I can stand without impeding the view of addicks who want to sit.

easier said than done if it's a sell-out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]It’s a pretty simple solution isn’t it ? One which most other clubs seem to manage. If you want to sit, go down the front and if you want to stand stay near the back ? If you’re in row six why on earth would you assume you’re going to be standing ?

Not really, it just takes a modicum of common sense. If you want to stand then don’t go straight into the ground to your sixth row seat, hang back a bit and see if there are areas (probably at the back) where other groups of Charlton are standing. The problem is that at Charlton generally our first response when dealing with other addicks isn’t to use our common sense but to get confrontational.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]

So, in (your) words, Everyonecanbreak "the rules & laws" ?

And what "train schedule" ?
    You must be one of these idiots who think being obnoxious is "supporting your team".

Was actually a light hearted joke, but hey ho..

Guess you username explains it, i do apologise..

Anyway..If you want to stand you will stand, can see the 1st 10 or so rows not standing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

Not really, it just takes a modicum of common sense. If you want to stand then don’t go straight into the ground to your sixth row seat, hang back a bit and see if there are areas (probably at the back) where other groups of Charlton are standing. The problem is that at Charlton generally our first response when dealing with other addicks isn’t to use our common sense but to get confrontational.

Agreed, there is a way to do it.

If your in the way of a fan that want's to sit, then you either move or sit down yourself. I feel that it will all be standing anyway, but if not, the standers are always willing to budge up to fit you in. I know it's not good for health and safety ect, but let's man up a bit and not live up to our trainspotters name.
  • Options
    I will only be standing if the person in front of me is. This will hopefully help respect others and stop confrontation lol