Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Knocking the club

edited December 2010 in General Charlton
Seems to be the in thing for 2010 so so many threads knocking and moaning about any slight thing they do or dont do.

This is a club we are suppossed to support

All i see is mainly negative things not just here before anyone thinks im knocking CL on CAFC forums as a whole

Lets hope 2011 whatever happens we all get behind our club our board and our players they deserve more

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Totally agree! Can this also mean a little more singing and chanting at the home games?
  • Options
    Don't start all that again jjj!
  • Options
    By the way, agree 100% with the opening post.
  • Options
    'twas ever thus. I can't remember a time when we didn't attract a 'healthy' following of people who are seemingly desperate for the club to fail or let them down. I'm quite possibly the most miserable bastard I know, but some of the mugs that 'support' Charlton make me look like the most optimistic man alive. They take some sort of perverse, twisted pleasure in our current predicament - I guess putting up with them is just part of following Charlton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    our club our board and our players they deserve more

Not sure they do, frankly. I think the club gets amazingly good support and loyalty. After two relegations in quick order and the disappointments of last season and the crap football we have been playing at home, average gates this term of over 15,000 are a credit to the fans. Only Shef Wed and Soton in this league get bigger attendances and several champ. teams (including Millwall) can't match our gates.

Let's hope we can keep up that level of support in 2011!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Don't start all that again jjj!

Oh I am not starting that again, just saying more positives are good.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    our club our board and our players they deserve more

Not sure they do, frankly. I think the club gets amazingly good support and loyalty. After two relegations in quick order and the disappointments of last season and the crap football we have been playing at home, average gates this term of over 15,000 are a credit to the fans. Only Shef Wed and Soton in this league get bigger attendances and several champ. teams (including Millwall) can't match our gates.

Let's hope we can keep up that level of support in 2011!

Well bully for you. <<<<<<<<<<<<< Now, anal-yse that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]'twas ever thus. I can't remember a time when we didn't attract a 'healthy' following of people who are seemingly desperate for the club to fail or let them down. I'm quite possibly the most miserable bastard I know, but some of the mugs that 'support' Charlton make me look like the most optimistic man alive. They take some sort of perverse, twisted pleasure in our current predicament - I guess putting up with them is just part of following Charlton.

made me laugh that Leroy... I share your description entirely!
  • Options
    Got to agree with Leroy that the club do fairly well for what they've served up in the last few years.

What I would ask for in 2011 is that fans stop slagging off other fans.

Let everyone support in the way that they want, be it sitting, standing, singing, clapping, long time season ticket holder or long distance web viewer, young and old. Let us be happy that our club exists at all.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]Totally agree! Can this also mean a little more singing and chanting at the home games?

Sit Down !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]Totally agree! Can this also mean a little more singing and chanting at the home games?

Sit Down !!

Never!