Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Today's Games

WSSWSS
edited December 2010 in General Charlton
Southampton doing Huddersfield 4-1
Swindon drawing with Peterborough
MK Dons beating Bournemouth

Southampton right on our tails now. Really hope we do Brighton.

Comments

• Options
    fancied southampton to win league
  • Options
    (Bristol City with last minute equaliser against Palace)
  • Options
    I think results so far have gone our way. We have at least a game in hand on most of our rivals and 2 on Wed & Hudders. Now if we can win 2morrow night we will be 2nd - 1pt behind Albion and still have a game in hand over the two mentioned above.
    All if, buts and maybe's I know, but I think we can do Brighton.....just a feeling I've got.
  • Options
    The table is still wide open, isn't it?

By Xmas there is usually a bigger gap between the promotion contenders and most of the rest.

But, partly due to weather and fewer matches played ,this season there are only four points seperating Wednesday in second place and MK Dons in 12th. After the top six , there are six more who are only outside the promtion/play-off places by one point or on g/d.

Frankly, it was a bit of a shock to look at the table just now and realise we are only three points off 12th place.

Until tomorrow night, anyway, as I share the optimism we can upset the league leaders, get all three points and begin to open up a bit of a gap!
  • Options
    Winning tomorrow night could really make or break our season.. or am I over reacting?
  • Options
    Things are ticking over nicely, as I said a few weeks ago when Huddersfield beat Brighton, the best thing that can happen for us is for those around us to go along in peaks and troughs. The problem is when teams are allowed to build momentum (just like Brighton a few months ago, and us a few weeks ago). Swings and roundabouts and taking points off each other is what we need. Southampton were due a little result after dropping points recently and the pressure is now firmly back on Huddersfield.

Ball is back in our court... go to Brighton, get a result... I'd take a draw right now if it was offered and forget all about Walsall and cup runs. Bread and butter time.