Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Help Bromley Fc

This thursday (30th december) bromley fc are playing maidenhead fc at a 7:45 kick off at hayes lane! not many of you will no this but bromley haven't had a home game for the past 7 weeks so therefore they are in desperate need of money and the owner of bromley jerry dolke has came out and asked for help.. you can see this (http://www.bromleyfc.tv/season1011/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=875&catid=42&Itemid=200) please come down and support the club as they need as much money as possible!

Comments

• Going along with the usual bunch. Looking forward to it, hope some others on here will make an effort to pop down to Hayes Lane
  • Welling are better tbh
  • shut up nathan
  • edited December 2010
    will they pay us back when they've caught up with their fixtures?

In all seriousness, this will be the case for many non-league clubs up & down the country and something the FA should look into, but we all know they won't as they're only interested in their "premier" flagship. surely they could set up a fund to help these clubs until they've got through the winter (lack of) fixtures?

Not to sound unsympathetic but if i had any spare cash (which i don't) then i would be looking towards Ebbsfleet as they're my local club, but wish Bromley well and hope it works out for them.
  • The message to Bromley FC's supporters from Dolke is -- perhaps because I am far too jaded -- surprisingly earnest. I would be interested in learning/getting any updates on what other fundraising ideas the club and its supporters come up with.
  • Lost 3-0 @Home tonight v Chelmsford...
  • Bromley Manager, Mark Goldberg has relinquished his position with immediate effect.

Mark has issued the following brief statement,

“It is with regret that I have to announce that, in the best interests of the Club, I left Bromley FC before the game against Basingstoke Town.

“This was due to an ongoing conflict in house on how and who should play first team football, which made my position as manager untenable as I wish to be responsible for my own decisions.

“My heart will always be with the Club although I hope everyone concerned will respect that I will be looking to stay in football.”

Mark was in his second spell in charge at Hayes Lane, punctuated by a five month break whilst he concentrated on outside interests.

In his first season as manager, Mark led his newly assembled squad to a Kent Senior Cup triumph and promotion to Blue Square South via the play-offs. He has since taken charge of 124 Blue Square Bet South matches, winning 48 and drawing another 31. During Mark’s time in charge the Club also reached the First Round of The FA Cup twice in four seasons, in what were only their third and fourth appearances at this stage in over half a century.

This season started with a Club record seven consecutive league wins but since then Bromley’s form has dipped dramatically with the Club only gaining 17 points from the next 16 league games and suffering early exits from both FA Competitions.

The Club would like to thank Mark for his commitment and effort both on and off the pitch and would like to wish him all the best for the future.

The current management team will remain the same for the rest of the season.
  • Experienced manager and ex-Chairman. Lined up to be Chris Powell's number two?