Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Sam Bartram Stand

TELTEL
edited December 2010 in General Charlton
Not sure if this has ever been mooted, but how about we pay some extra special homage to Sam by renaming the East stand?

Just a thought.....

I say the east as its directly linked to the Sam Bartram entrance....

Comments

• I agree Tel. It would be very appropriate.

At the moment only the South is named so how about this.

South - Jimmy Seed
    North - Alan Curbishley
    West - Richard Murray
    East - Sam Bartram

Alternatives for the West - if Richard Murray is too close to things might be The Roger Alwen, or even The Keith Peacock

Certainly wouldn't argue about Sam Bartram for the East.
  • edited December 2010
    I wouldn't object to naming a stand after Sam, but think it might be better to name the West as his statue is there.
    I wouldn't want to name any of the others at the moment though, keep your powder dry for when there's some even bigger Charlton heros to honour in the future ;-)
  • Great suggestion
  • As has been said before on this site, Sam has quite a lot already. I would be in favour of a Keith Peacock East Stand.
  • Keef definitely deserves something in his honour. Maybe one of the suite's/restaurant areas?
  • Seeing as Jimmy managed just one game more than Curbs, he is the one I'd put forward, maybe the NW and FS corners can be renamed? The North Stand is - and always will be - the Covered End
  • how about the north stand smokers toilet named after Simon Francis ?
  • Might be a condition of the takeover to name a stand after Dennis Wise?!
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Might be a condition of the takeover to name a stand after Dennis Wise?!

We're naming the loos after him.

The Dennis Wise sh*tter has a good ring to it.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]how about the north stand smokers toilet named after Simon Francis ?

Or maybe Luke Young or Les Berry? :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]The Dennis Wise sh*tter has a good ring to it.

I didn't think he was that kind of a boy? :-)
  • We have to be careful about names, not sure about Curbishley etc. Maybe name the boxes/entrances after players and leave the stands for the true greats. Bartram is probably the only real great. Stands should reflect the man.

So in the Curbishley stand the lights only come on after 70 minutes.
    In the Lloyd Sam stand the seats would spin round and round, but wouldn't really go anywhere.
    The Alan Pardew stand was dismantled soon after it was erected, now keeps getting erected elsewhere

and so on............
  • I think the east could be the sam bartram stand, leave the west as it is and the north should be officially renamed the covered end, I don't know why this hasn't been done by the club.
  • [cite]Posted By: J-Block Hig[/cite]I think the east could be the sam bartram stand, leave the west as it is and the north should be officially renamed the covered end, I don't know why this hasn't been done by the club.

Got to agree with that......I miss the real old Covered end (sobs)