Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton report online

edited December 2010 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/8761625.Insipid_Addicks_held_by_ten_man_Brighton/

Comments

• Options
    Quick work well done!

Sounds like we were poor. Still one point is better than none I suppose!
  • Options
    It was very interesting listening to Steve Brown, who is now a coach at Brighton, as the summarizer on the commentary, a few of his points were:

Even when Brighton were down to 10 the Charlton players kept their original shape and didn't exploit the spaces.

The Brighton goal was from a well worked free kick which they often use and Charlton should have been ready for it.

Benson had a very poor game and at times didn't seem interested.

Doherty played very well but tired with 10mins to go

Elliot made a fantastic save from Kish right at the end of the game.
  • Options
    We were shit didn't even make their keeper make a save.
  • Options
    Missed oppertunity to take all 3 points, but a point away to Brighton I guess is still a great result!
  • Options
    Steve Brown gave a good commentary with no crap.
    He said over and over how woeful benson was, and as a top defender himself i believe he would know the difference between a good forward and a bad forward when he sees one.
    He described benson as disinterested too.

By no means is this a great result.
    Brown also pointed out at the end of the first half that the possession was 60-40 in Brighton's favour.
    That simply is shocking against a team with 10 men.

If we are serious about promotion then tonight we should have won.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]It was very interesting listening to Steve Brown, who is now a coach at Brighton, as the summarizer on the commentary, a few of his points were:

Even when Brighton were down to 10 the Charlton players kept their original shape and didn't exploit the spaces.

The Brighton goal was from a well worked free kick which they often use and Charlton should have been ready for it.

Elliot made a fantastic save from Kish right at the end of the game.

The very fact that Brown is a coach at Brighton and has in the past been overlooked by us for a similar role makes the apparent acceptance of his word as the definitive line on our performance by some uttterly laughable.
  • Options
    I find it a bit desperate that you are suggesting that Steve Brown, a Charlton legend picked apart the Charlton performance due to sour grapes to not being picked as coach.

The deficiencies in Charlton's performance and tactical set up is there for all to see. Did you not go to the Walsall game ? Or see the Brentford or Luton games ? Or many other games over the last 2 and a half seasons.

I hope one day that Steve Brown can be part of the Charlton set up. A Charlton legend.
  • Options
    when emma was getting a slating everyone was saying how wonderful stevie brown was as a co-commentator
    now he gives a commentary that doesn't say how wonderful we are, he's biased against us and is talking shit

freak show
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]It was very interesting listening to Steve Brown, who is now a coach at Brighton, as the summarizer on the commentary, a few of his points were:

Elliot made a fantastic save from Kish right at the end of the game.[/quote]

The very fact that Brown is a coach at Brighton and has in the past been overlooked by us for a similar role makes the apparent acceptance of his word as the definitive line on our performance by some uttterly laughable.[/quote]

Steve Brown was spot on sometimes Clem no matter how much you don't like it, you have to accept it, in the past when he has commentated on our games I always found him very knowledgable.
  • Options
    I have to say that in my opinion Steve Brown gets it right more often than not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I liked Brownies commentary, gave a good summary which certainly matches my view of the teams performances recently. that said Benson is not a hold up and high jumping player and I would have liked rto have heard him being subbed earlier in the game. he and martin together will not work.