Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Owner - Old Club Badge

Comments

• Options
    Actually I'd be mortified if we changed our current badge. I think it's a great badge - simple in design yet unique. You recognise it's the charlton badge straight off. It's our trademark and it's a bloody good one!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Martomoto[/cite]Actually I'd be mortified if we changed our current badge. I think it's a great badge - simple in design yet unique. You recognise it's the charlton badge straight off. It's our trademark and it's a bloody good one!

fully agreed
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Martomoto[/cite]Actually I'd be mortified if we changed our current badge. I think it's a great badge - simple in design yet unique. You recognise it's the charlton badge straight off. It's our trademark and it's a bloody good one!

fully agreed

me too...and i dont want to have to change the Addicks Downunder logo either!
  • Options
    I don't much like our 60s style logo.

But everybody recognises it as synonymous with Charlton, so it's doing the job.
  • Options
    This surely is a wind up!

Full Metal Jacket I used the knife crime theme about 18 months ago and it almost exploded in a "Bloody PC brigade" thread until AFKA spolied the fun after three postings

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=18111&page=1#Item_0
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]This surely is a wind up!

Full Metal Jacket I used the knife crime theme about 18 months ago and it almost exploded in a "Bloody PC brigade" thread until AFKA spolied the fun after three postings

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=18111&page=1#Item_0

No wind up, I promise, and nor is it something to take your mind off the Takeover.

I prefer the old badge as it has real links to the past history of the club. The current one was simply dreamt up by a competition winner.
  • Options
    But we've already shelled out on a banner that says live by the sword ? I know we'll soon be rolling in cash, but lets not get carried away !
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Let's face it, the old badge looks exactly what it is - old. Not to mention very twee.

They've had the current badge for as long as I've been alive. It's distinctive, vivid and I like it.

Anyone who wants to change it will have to fight me first.
  • Options
    Oh, and think of all those tatoo's that will need changing. Nah, no way.
  • Options
    Speaking as a designer, why do we need a new badge!.......

The current one could be redrafted\updated quite easily without the cost of all the publicity material, kit, corporate id etc, that the club would have to incur

Save the money Charlton, focus on the job ahead...... getting promoted, and what money we do have investing in better quality players!

Not pissing it away, on 'froth ' like this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Little did I realise when I started this thread that suggesting we revert back to our original badge would be treated by many Charlton Lifers as tantamount to taking their comfort blanket off them :-)
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with suggesting Full metal...... Nothing wrong in saying no as well!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Full Metal Addick[/cite]Little did I realise when I started this thread that suggesting we revert back to our original badge would be treated by many Charlton Lifers as tantamount to taking their comfort blanket off them :-)

If there is no reason to do something then why do it?

Anyway, I like my blankie.
  • Options
    Nooo, couldn't go thru the pain again on my arm. (Not that bad really)

Leave as is please.

That being said I quite like the old one too.
  • Options
    our currentg badge is original leave it alone, old one of robin on a ball reminds me a bit of spurs.
  • Options
    Our current badge is one of the most striking in English football, however it came about its still wonderful, I do however like to see the old badges on various pieces of merchandise though.
  • Options
    It would be a swordid act to change it ;o)
  • Options
    Live by The Robin - Doesn't have the same ring to it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]It would be a swordid act to change it ;o)

There's only one thing for it

Bird Badge - Sword Badge

F I G H T ! ! !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]It would be a swordid act to change it ;o)

It would be a dagger through the heart.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Keep the Sword but remove those dreaded circles!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    If anything was going to change... I would rather Charlton play in all red like they did last night. Hate those white shorts, and plus it just looks better.
  • Options
    Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Holy Jesus! What is that? What the fuck is that? WHAT IS THAT, PRIVATE PYLE?!
    Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, an Old Charlton Badge, sir!
    Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: An Old Charlton Badge?!
    Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, yes, sir!
    Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: How did it get here?
    Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, I got it on eBay, sir!
    Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Are Old Charlton Badges allowed on this forum, Private Pyle?
    Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, no, sir!
    Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Are you allowed to wear an Old Charlton Badge, Private Pyle?
    Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, no, sir!
    Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: And why not, Private Pyle?
    Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, because I'm a Millwall Supporter, sir!
  • Options
    lol, nice one FMA
  • Options
    Hang on....your badge & nickname the "valiants" is all based on it sounding similar to The Valley? Bloody hell. Who allowed that to happen?

I know you as the robins or the addicks (again not sure why the addicks?) and if they were nicknames linked to real history of the club surely everyone would prefer that rather than a made up image and nickname?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Hang on....your badge & nickname the "valiants" is all based on it sounding similar to The Valley? Bloody hell. Who allowed that to happen?

I know you as the robins or the addicks (again not sure why the addicks?) and if they were nicknames linked to real history of the club surely everyone would prefer that rather than a made up image and nickname?

Says the man who's club change their badge and home shirt colour at the drop of a hat. Get many Lions in Rotherhithe did they?

Still, when you've got no tradition other than tear-ups I guess there's no tradition to uphold.
  • Options
    No.
  • Options
    CHANGE IS BAD
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]CHANGE IS BAD

Agree!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]CHANGE IS BAD

Michael Jackson "bad", or just plain "bad"?