Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wheeze, Jimineezz and Vooonery taleOber happening today 31/12 /10

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Boston ! Who would that be ?

probably Boston, Lincolnshire !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Simon E[/cite]if someone had started a sweepstake for all the guesses we've had at announcements over the last couple of years, we could have bought the club ourselves. lol ;-)

or we could have had a Tea Party...

Our new motto will be 'Don't tread on me' and we will win with our hearts which is good as we will have reduced spending
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    PRESS CONFERENCE

would be an awfully good name for an Editors tribute band.

Sorry, just musing aloud here.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

probably Boston, Lincolnshire !
    Linconshire = famous for Sausages. I think Suzi is taking over.
  • Options

Sensational
  • Options
    Just trying to think of all the names mentioned on here as possibles for the new owners. Please feel free to add to my list...

Wise
    Jiminez
    Kenny Huang
    Alexander Knaster
    AEG
    Curbs (Bill & Al)
    Local businessmen who no-one has heard of
    Sainsbury
    Ridsdale
  • Options
    Just add a couple of midfielders from Zabeel and you got yourself a team!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Simon E[/cite]if someone had started a sweepstake for all the guesses we've had at announcements over the last couple of years, we could have bought the club ourselves. lol ;-)

or we could have had a Tea Party...

Boston, Schmoston, it's clearly a reference to this side of the pond - The Mad Hatters Tea Party! Everyone said people would have to be mad to buy a football club so it all fits very nicely. Welcome Sir Maurice.
  • Options
    Good shout sa

Who knows
  • Options
    Statement due at 1. Only joking
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is doing my head in.
  • Options
    1 I can't wait that long someone phone them and tell them to get a shoe on
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Statement due at 1.[span style=COLOR: #ffffff]Only joking[/span]
    You said 11 earlier is this real info or wind up, there are sure to be more 'kicking door down' threats if this carries on much longer
  • Options
    Ha - your quote should help you understand.
  • Options
    lol, was joking on the tea party thing. Personally i've expected it all along to be a relatively close to home small group of investment bankers / venture capitalists with limited clout and still don't expect any different.
  • Options
    Boston? Is it more than a feeling?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Ha - your quote should help you understand.
    How did he do that then his quote didnt/doesn't show that
  • Options
    Wouldn't we all be gobsmacked if Beckham was sitting next to Varney at the press conference
  • Options
    If you try and highlight next to the words you can see...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]lol, was joking on the tea party thing. Personally i've expected it all along to be a relatively close to home small group of investment bankers / venture capitalists with limited clout and still don't expect any different.

Well that's pissed on the fireworks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've just heard if it doesn't go through today the deal will fall through as the new owners aren't willing to pay the extra 2.5% due to the rise in VAT.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]Boston? Is it more than a feeling?

A true drink spitting moment
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]lol, was joking on the tea party thing. Personally i've expected it all along to be a relatively close to home small group of investment bankers / venture capitalists with limited clout and still don't expect any different.

That'll be the Greenwich and District Rotary Club then :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Numbers[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Ha - your quote should help you understand.
    How did he do that then his quote didnt/doesn't show that

Changed the colour of 'only joking' to white, so it doesnt show up against the background! Try highlighting the post, should show up then.
  • Options
    We now have invisible ink being used. I am never going to know what is going on,
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]I've just heard if it doesn't go through today the deal will fall through as the new owners aren't willing to pay the extra 2.5% due to the rise in VAT.

I don't believe you pay VAT on a corporate transaction - you pay Stamp duty and that rate doesn't change tomorrow! :-)
  • Options
    whats this 'VAT' you speak of?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]whats this 'VAT' you speak of?
    its the dregs of the courage best left over from the Boxing day call -off
  • Options
    edited December 2010
  • Options
    any news yet?