Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Looking to go to colchester

Hi I'm looking to go to colchester tmrw but unsure on the best way to get there I live in Orpington iv also not got a ticket yet could I get 1 on the day many thanks
Matt

Comments

• Options
    M25 to junction 28, chuck a right down the A12 for about 40 miles and turn off the motorway when you see a soulless blue stadium
  • Options
    Cant drive. anyone know how to get there by train?
  • Options
    Train to Colchester from Liverpool Street. Long way from the station mind you - best getting a cab. Pay on the door.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Should you wish to purchase on the day of the game itself, adult tickets are priced £21, £16 U22s, £15 over 65s and £11 U18s

The concourses are fine, not dissimilar to those at Carlisle United's Brunton Park, and while the usual football food is available, you can get a beer, which again is a result given the geographical location.

The nearest pub to the ground is apparently the Dog and Pheasant, of which I have not been a patron so I cannot really comment, but it is seemingly home fans only unless you are not wearing colours and order a round via sign language.

Similarly, around Colchester North station, there is the Bricklayers Arms, which is again for the indigenous, but the Norfolk Arms close by did a job for us and will no doubt evolve into the visitors' haven as time goes by.

There are allegedly NO TRAINS due to engineering works and don't forget Valley Away, which is running an extended service.

For those driving, the new junction off the A12 makes the journey infinitely easier than previously - basically exit at Junction 28 and you are there. The postcode is CO4 5UP.

There is a car park at the ground £6 which you can pre book on 0845 437 9089, which works on a first come, first served basis, and a few of the industrial units on the adjacent Colchester Business Park also offer parking facilities. These are more expensive than the stadium, but street parking could prove even more costly in the long run as there are quite a few stringent residents-only parking schemes around the stadium.
  • Options
    No trains to Colchester from Liverpool Street tomorrow - Engineering works. See National Rail website.
  • Options
    if your sat nav doesnt accept co4 5up use CO4 5JS
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Tutt-Tutt[/cite]No trains to Colchester from Liverpool Street tomorrow - Engineering works. See National Rail website.[/quote]

Yeah trains are up the creek, more then likely ganan chance it and go tho, they better play well lmao
  • Options
    Coach places available at Charlton and Dartford. Email valleyexpress@cafc.co.uk if you want them.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]valleyexpress@cafc.co.uk[/quote]

Really? Just sent them a messege mate,

Thanks, That would be a big help

Also waiting for Tel to get back to me
  • Options
    All sorted now, managed to get 2 coach tickets,

Up the addicks!