Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FAO Curbit_it & Suzisausage (charlton life fc fitness coaches)

Comments

• Options
    I joined Weight Watchers this year. 3rd weigh in tomorrow. Lost 4 1/2 lb so far in two weeks on their Points plan thing. 9 1/2lb this year in total.
    However had a bad week. Went to the what was Sri Siam on Thursday night and ended up in Harrys Bar, then had a feast down the Tai Pan - New Eltham- on Saturday night. Hope my workout tonight has helped.
    Marjory Dawes might tell me off tomorrow.
  • Options
    lol. marjory dawes. 91/2 in january? thats going some well done. im jealous.

must try harder.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]I joined Weight Watchers this year. 3rd weigh in tomorrow. Lost 4 1/2 lb so far in two weeks on their Points plan thing. 9 1/2lb this year in total.
    However had a bad week. Went to the what was Sri Siam on Thursday night and ended up in Harrys Bar, then had a feast down the Tai Pan - New Eltham- on Saturday night. Hope my workout tonight has helped.
    Marjory Dawes might tell me off tomorrow.[/quote]

is that low fat ;)
  • Options
    Low fat dust
  • Options
    TCE How can you go out at a weekend and not drink beer? I been trying to do the same... however I end up kidding myself by drinking Strongbow!!!
  • Options
    I have been street running since about 18 has not had any ill effects on me. It's all you lightweights who cannot handle the cold & go to your nice warm gym's who need sorting out.
  • Options
    I think it smashes your joints to be bits nowt to do with the cold... come back and tell us how you feel in 15 years time.
  • Options
    i ran to the station and that was pain enough...nothing to do with the boots i'm wearing!!

i decided last night to enter the swimathon in march, going to start training, prob at that pool in greenwich, if it stays open lateish!
  • Options
    There are two issues with running on the pavement.

1. is the obvious factor of joint damage. I say that as someone who took over 5 years to recover from stress fractures to both feet as a direct consequence of too much pounding the streets

2. It is easier than running off-road. The hardness of the pavement actually provides a rebound effect meaning it requires a little less effort per stride than running on other surfaces.
  • Options
    It's all to do with the footwear, so many people do not wear the correct trainers for the exercise they do. Have been running for nearly 20 years joints are fine, have played twice a week & trained twice a week for football for about 15 years. Have had none of these stupid broken metatarsals due to not wearing crappy 'Fad' boots, no damaged joints or dodgy knees due to wearing the correct type of trainer. Some people do not even know if their trainers are suitable for Normal/Over/Under Pronator feet, this is pretty improtant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I try and row 2 x 10k a week, use the cross training, steps and bycycle in my gym and have only lost a few pounds. Although the 5 pints after each session and a donna (small) to follow as a reward, might have something to do with the slow sippage of weight.
  • Options
    Me to solid. It is hard... but i made myself go to the gym for 50 mins this morning which im pleased with as i didnt get home till 2 this morning... but i now think i've pulled a muscle and have booked physio for tomorrow. ha ha.. Im fecking useless.

i think its that walk up shooters hill that did it...

i think each to their own ketman with running. I like to run on a treadmill but at a gradient so it gives the effect of road running etc. the programme I did this morning had me running downhill as well as up. quite enjoyed it. But when im outdoors i prefer a good hard walk!
  • Options
    To be Honest Curb_IT the only reason I do not go to the gym to train is that I would look so weedy compared to all the other people in there, I look like a proper 'Weedy Pigeon'.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    No you wouldnt and definitely not in the charlton gym you wouldnt... not a mr body builder in sight.
    tho obviously not convenient to you.

Tavern's gym is a different kettle of fish.. full of bouncers.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I have been street running since about 18 has not had any ill effects on me. It's all you lightweights who cannot handle the cold & go to your nice warm gym's who need sorting out.
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I think it smashes your joints to be bits nowt to do with the cold... come back and tell us how you feel in 15 years time.

ketters, as an ex athlete, i can tell y athat runnin on pavement/road is not good, you may be ok now, but in 20 years as curb it says you'll no about it. My advice would be, if you wanna keep fit, go to the park and run on grass, or run through the woods, or even get yourself some spikes and get down the running track.
  • Options
    All this fitness talk has got me in the mood for a bit of a session and I am now off to the el gymio.

Lost 3.5kg in two weeks following Crimble but fear that a beery last week has put me back to square one.

Running on pavements when you are fit is not too bad. Its when you are very overweight (like moi) then you tend to do the knee damage.
  • Options
    Bad week at WW!
    Put 2lb back on. Not enough dust apparently...
  • Options
    tut tut. Must try harder.
  • Options
    I knew I had a bad week. In fact it I thought it would have been worse - two full blown nights out in Chinese restaurants et al....
  • Options
    2lb is sort-out-able though, keep going, and its better to have a reason as to why, rather than trying 100% and putting on, thats really bad! so at least you were prepared and knew that you'd not been good.

when that happened to me, i used to think the food labels were lying to me, then i'd remember the sneaky doughnut i'd eaten or something :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Although weight is a serious issue for me, my visit to the hospital tonight to judge the extent of my ankle injury, is a potentially more serious one.

I think I can get away with being a fat b'strd for a length of time in the match, but getting away with being a limping fat b'stard, might be more of a stretch. :-(
  • Options
    Just sorted out my personal trainer. It all starts 12th Feb. Jeez she's got her work cut out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Just sorted out my personal trainer. It all starts 12th Feb. Jeez she's got her work cut out.

Does she do Lipo?

:-)

And if so, send her my way when your done!
  • Options
    wow!! all this advice ; 0 now I`m am confused, so if you see a fat b**st**d trying get to get up shootershill on a crosstrainer while holding weights and doing sit ups, drive carefully it`s me!!!!!
  • Options
    don't forget the chicken kebab under one arm!
  • Options
    so whats it gonna be Ladies and gents, the crosstrainer or jogging????????????????????????
  • Options
    Jogging will burn more cals but the crosstrainer is better for your joints, etc & it'll work more of your body. I'd go for the cross trainer.
  • Options
    just done 30minutes on the crosstrainer, 10k, anyone know what that is in old money?
  • Options
    6.2 miles.
  • Options
    cheers Paul........................BLOODY HELL, hardly surprising I cant walk.