Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beckham to play for Spurs?

It seems that Spurs are close to signing Goldenballs on a two month loan...and that the deal could be finalised this week in time for him to play in the third round of the cup next week.

That should lift the match from being at the fag end of the highlights and give it a lot more publicity across the media generally.

Comments

• Options
    yep an added bonus to the tie if he does sign and what an experience for our players to play against him.
  • Options
    He hasn't put in a decent performance for about 8 years, so let's hope he doesn't on Sat! Wish he'd forget playing and concentrate on his day job in PR!
  • Options
    yeah thats probably why the AC Milan fans loved him because of his consistent poor performances. mans still a good footballer.
  • Options
    See him play for AC, very naive if you think he is past it, pulled a ferw MOTM performances out the bag,
  • Options
    When I've seen of him he puts in a shift. As he nears the end of his career he seems to want to be remembered as a good footballer and that means playing 20/30 minute cameos and trying to cram as much in as he can into that time. I'd be worried if he plays against us - it'll be his first game in the UK for a new side, the world's media will be focussed on him, in front of the cameras, whatever we do we mustn't concede a free kick 25 yards from goal while he's on the pitch.
  • Options
    Fry vs Beckham......could be an unbelievable experience for the youngster
  • Options
    Is the match live on ITV or ESPN? It was moved from Saturday why?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stevietwells[/cite]He hasn't put in a decent performance for about 8 years, so let's hope he doesn't on Sat! Wish he'd forget playing and concentrate on his day job in PR!

laughable
  • Options
    Can't see it happening and seem to remember reading a interview with H.R saying he hasn't got room for him? May be wrong. Haven't seen Beckham play in years but must be past his Prem sell buy date..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Is the match live on ITV or ESPN? It was moved from Saturday why?

not on tv...arsenal at home to leeds on sat so moved to sunday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: agim[/cite]Can't see it happening and seem to remember reading a interview with H.R saying he hasn't got room for him? May be wrong. Haven't seen Beckham play in years but must be past his Prem sell buy date..
    Redknapp was practically - excuse the phrase - creaming his pants about him joining in an interview yesterday. I think it's almost there although Beckham has said on numerous occasions he'd never play for anyone in England other than United.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Cheers VG.
  • Options
    I imagine it will happen, Beckham would jump at the thought, it would make his family very happy
  • Options
    Beck will be at spurs if la galaxy let him go on loan. He won't go anywhere else but galaxy are playing tuff
  • Options
    Remember who his last home game in this country was against?

That day he scored a goal before a peach of an assist to van nistlerooy if i remember correctly. I was in an Old Trafford box that day so hung around after the game, about 20 minutes after the final whistle he came back out and had a kickabout with his kids.

The guy obviously loves football, and for that you've got to give him credit. As Harry said he could quite happily sit at home by the pool...
  • Options
    Would be great to see Becks in the Premier League again, not having a good performance in 8 years is possibly the most ridiculous comment I have ever read. David Bentley being a 3rd choice right winger would be pretty funny as well.

Doherty trying to head away Beckham's crosses quite a horrifying thought really.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stevietwells[/cite]He hasn't put in a decent performance for about 8 years, so let's hope he doesn't on Sat! Wish he'd forget playing and concentrate on his day job in PR!

You're more of a rugby guy, I'd guess.
  • Options
    Never trust men that play with or prefer odd shaped balls
  • Options
    Sorry to be the only dissenter amidst the Becks love in, but last world class England performance anyone???
  • Options
    The game with the wally with the brolly he was excellent.

Too many people can't see beyond the dislike for him and his Mrs to see a great footballer still
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair enough North London, although I can't recall how long he played in that humbling as he certainly didn't start.

Your point about those who dislike him is well made, but I think the opposite is also true. The majority that do love him, especially those in the media, will trawl their coverage to find any quality pass, cross or free kick (no matter how rare) and orgasm over it!
  • Options
    Will he be able to play against us if he is our "silent" investor?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stevietwells[/cite]Sorry to be the only dissenter amidst the Becks love in, but last world class England performance anyone???

There's a huge difference between "decent" and "world class". And anyway, how would you or anyone else on here have a clue? Did you watch all his performances for LA Galaxy?
  • Options
    Stig, I've disregarded LA as its 3rd rate football, but you're quite right I haven't seen all his handful of AC games so if he was spectacular in any of them please let me know and I'll try and find them on YouTube!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stevietwells[/cite]Stig, I've disregarded LA as its 3rd rate football, but you're quite right I haven't seen all his handful of AC games so if he was spectacular in any of them please let me know and I'll try and find them on YouTube!
    You don't think I'd watch that shit do you ;-)
  • Options
    Would have been a good signing, ten years ago
  • Options
    Stig, lol!
  • Options
    It's seems that pardew wants a bit of posh.
  • Options
    Apparently Newcastle are keen to get him on loan too. Imagine Pardew getting his grubby little hands all over that skinny bint victoria.
  • Options
    he's going to tottingham if anywhere virtually a done deal