Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managers- who will go next?

So many managers are under pressure up and down the divisions.

My money would be on:

Woy to go tomorrow
Grant cannot have long, also goes tomorrow.

Ancelloti and Houllier to be given a little more time but must win their cup games.

Comments

• Options
    Hodgson without a doubt you can't lose to blackburn like that if you are Liverpool.

Then anchelotti

Then grant
  • Options
    Some merry-go-round this year aint it.

They'll be offering fast passes to get on it next.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Roy or Grant, although Houlier cant have much time left either, has been a complete disaster. Can't see them improving under him.
  • Options
    Tim Nielsen will go tomorrow or the next day. Fact!
  • Options
    Looking at MOTD, West Ham were absolute muck defensively. Even worse than us. Sullivan and Gold don't usually sack the manager, but if they were so inclined, today's match would've been plenty of excuse.

Hodgson to go next
  • Options
    Only the other week Parky was the 20th longest serving manager in the league. Gone are the days of giving managers time.

All 3 will go. I thought Grant did well at pompey got them playing and fighting despite being down after administration. Surprised he has done so poorly.

Ancelotti might stay if Abrahimovich only cares about the CL
  • Options
    None gone yet, thought Woy was nailed on to go today.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]
    Abrahimovich only cares about the CL

Could do with his financial support to be honest....
  • Options
    Roy Keane has just gone from what I've heard
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeakieRocket[/cite]Roy Keane has just gone from what I've heard

Heard the same.

If Curbs can't get a job in the next couple of weeks he may as well pack up and go home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lambert may be off to Burnley, can't see it but they have made an official approach and that may leave 2 jobs in East Anglia Curbs may be interested in.
  • Options
    Would Keane be seen as a better or worse option than Wise?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeakieRocket[/cite]Would Keane be seen as a better or worse option than Wise?
    About the same. Both shit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]
    Abrahimovich only cares about the CL

Could do with his financial support to be honest....

lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeakieRocket[/cite]Would Keane be seen as a better or worse option than Wise?

Devil and the deep blue sea.
  • Options
    Why would Lambert even consider going to Burnley? I live in Norwich, he's got them playing, the whole place is buzzing, and then he's persuaded to go "oop North"!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Why would Lambert even consider going to Burnley? I live in Norwich, he's got them playing, the whole place is buzzing, and then he's persuaded to go "oop North"!

Another part of footballs brave new world i'm afraid. Desperate and delusional chairmen.
  • Options
    Norwich turned down Bunrley's approach to talk to Lambert, why he'd want to go there is beyond me though.
  • Options
    If Keane has left Ipswich then I can see Curbs going for that job (provided he doesn't rejoin us a director of football). Ipswich is reasonably easy to commute to from his gaff and is about the right size for him and he'll have access to money to invest in the squad. There are few teams in London and the SE that would suit him.
  • Options
    I can see why teams might want Lambert. I would love to have him at SE7 but unless a Prem Team comes in for him, which is possible given the sack race that is about to commence, I can't see him leaving for the likes of Burnley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Woy is by all accounts a dead man walking. I wonder why he hasn't gone yet though? Are they waiting until after the FA Cup match with Utd so they can blame a defeat on him? Or is it that whoever they are in negotiation with hasn't agreed the terms?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]If Keane has left Ipswich then I can see Curbs going for that job (provided he doesn't rejoin us a director of football).

I can't see Curbs coming our way so Ipswich would be a decent shout. I wonder though with him if he sees his future trying to drag up an under-performing CL team?

I think Curbs legal battle with Wet Spam has made clubs wary of him. I could still see a Prem Team coming in for him in this window if they are desperate enough.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Woy is by all accounts a dead man walking. I wonder why he hasn't gone yet though? Are they waiting until after the FA Cup match with Utd so they can blame a defeat on him? Or is it that whoever they are in negotiation with hasn't agreed the terms?

I think that its probably the latter. Its a shame for him. I like him but I think he has worn his heart a little too much on his sleeve. I thought yesterday he really looked hounded as if the whole world was on his shoulders. On the other hand Avram Grant looks quite calm and confident. My instinct tells me that Woy will go and Avram may be reprieved provided Wet Spam keeping picking up points.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]If Keane has left Ipswich then I can see Curbs going for that job (provided he doesn't rejoin us a director of football).

I can't see Curbs coming our way so Ipswich would be a decent shout. I wonder though with him if he sees his future trying to drag up an under-performing CL team?

I think Curbs legal battle with Wet Spam has made clubs wary of him. I could still see a Prem Team coming in for him in this window if they are desperate enough.

Don't think Curbs would be a desperate move Bing.

Worked miracles at West ham to keep them up,albeit with an inelegible player.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]If Keane has left Ipswich then I can see Curbs going for that job (provided he doesn't rejoin us a director of football).[/quote]

I think Curbs legal battle with Wet Spam has made clubs wary of him. I could still see a Prem Team coming in for him in this window if they are desperate enough.[/quote]

I don't buy the legal argument reason - Curbs has enough money not to chase the next job going and seems to want to stay in London. Most clubs on and around London he's not suited for - they are either too big or too small/cash strapped, that leaves a few that are the right size and present the right challenge and Ipswich fit in that category.