Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PROPER Translation from Bougherra's website

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
courtesy of jimmymelrose (honeymooning in Brasil) :

He begins by saying that he it hasn´t yet sunk in that afetr just one year in England that he´s now going to be playing in the Premier league. He was previously just an amateur with simple dreams of playing professionally and now he can´t believe what´s happened.

He states that Charlton were the first club to contact him and made him feel really wanted. He speaks highly of Pards, saying that he´s brought through other young players and that with him he can make real progress.

He says that Everton offered more money but asked him to play a defensive midfield role whereas he insists on playing centre defence. He says that had they offered him even to be a reserve centre defender he would have considered it - basically Everton said to him honestly that they wanted him as a defense midfielder but he refuses to play in any other position than that he plays for the Algerian national team.

Then he talks about Sheff Weds, praising the supporters but saying he´s upset about the press who´ve mis-represented him as there was an agreement that he could leave should a Prem club want him. I could translate in more detail but can´t be arsed. He says he leaves with his head held high anyway.

He then talks about Algeria - saying how this transfer will be a source of pride to the Algerian supporters and how their belief in his ability has been proved right. He says that 2007 will be their year. He says he´s proud to represent Algeria in England and hopes soon to give the Algerian supporters something new to cheer about other than just their successes in the 80´s.

Comments

• Options
    I presume he'll be our first Algerian player then?

I'm struggling to think of other Algerians who've played in the Premiership, or even pro-football in England. I dimly remember Rachid Harkouk who played for Palace in the late 70s and that's it...there must have been others.
  • Options
    What was the nationality of the guy we had from Southampton? Very poor defender. Tehel?
  • Options
    Man City have just signed an Algerian from a French club - and Zidane is Algerian of course!