Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool to rest players on Sat- Charlton implication

Personally I think that despite the fact the FA Cup is a great competition, I have to agree with Holloway when he says they have no chance of winning the competition and the Prem has to be their priority. Especially after watching Burnley and Hull enjoy excellent starts to Prem life not too disimilar to Blackpool and then fade dramatically after xmas in the last two seasons. He has said he will hand debuts to one or two players and rest a few others against Southamption on Sat.

Charlton are due to play Southamption at St Mary's on Sat 29th Jan. The same day is FA Cup 4th round day.

Now we have the smallest chance of getting through and having to have this match (another one) rearranged. However after Ollies comments and team selection- there now seems a fair chance Saints could go through and we will have another postponement. Even Blackpool first team may struggle against Saints who are on a great run and this was certainly a possible upset even before Holloway said he will rest a few. Guess we may see Euell play.

Could be an unbelievably busy March and April at this rate.

Comments

• Options
    Haha
  • Options
    We're just about to buy a first team, this lot are gonna be the reserves
  • Options
    Saints are not as good as you think they are. Even with a few reserves Blackpool are good enough to beat them.
  • Options
    Blackpool's reserves are perfectly capable of playing the exact same system as the first choice XI. This was demonstrated by their performance against Villa. Holloway has got all of Blackpool's teams, from the youth lads upwards, playing the same way.

Obviously gives Southampton more of a chance, but I don't think the difference is that big.
  • Options
    Just looking at the Prem league table.

Blackpool have 2 or 3 games in hand over most clubs, mostly I guess because Bloomfield Road hasn't had the investment to handle freezing weather conditions.

Even at this stage of the season, several clubs have played 4 more home games than Blackpool!
  • Options
    Looks like we may have a free Sat on the 29th.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Looks like we may have a free Sat on the 29th.
    We might have saints in the cup
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Numbers[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Looks like we may have a free Sat on the 29th.
    We might have saints in the cup

like it!
  • Options
    2-0 saints all over
  • Options
    Good call, cafcdan.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Daggers and Tranmere will be without a game that weekend too since Brighton & Sheff Wed through - if we don't progress, doesn't look like bringing one of our games against these two forward would help, but might be worth looking into, never know what a shuffle can throw up
  • Options
    Hartlepool were gonna play Huddersfield on the 29TH. Suppose we will be in the fifth round tho :-)
  • Options
    Rochdale were due to play Notts County too
  • Options
    Would be good if one of Hartlepool or Rochdale away were re arranged for the 29th, would get better away numbers on a sat. Preferably at Rochdale where it is a new ground for many/haven't played there for donkeys years- and there are no trains back to london after the game.
  • Options
    Rochdale would be ideal... I believe that is yet to be rearranged whereas Hartlepool already has a new date

I imagine it will happen
  • Options
    Rochdale has been re arranged for Tuesday 15th March. On the OS last week.

Would save both teams an extra Tuesday game, and a very busy March.