Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

bdo darts

edited January 2011 in Not Sports Related
like a diffrent sport to the pdc

Comments

• Options
    Painful to watch. They get excited about 15 dart finishes and 3 dart averages of 90.
  • Options
    that edwards bird would take some shifting
  • Options
    You have to wonder how long it will last, the standard in the PDC this year was outstanding and the richer it gets the more players will improve their game to play in it for the bigger prizes
  • Options
    This the one on the beeb? Was watching the ladies, truely appauling to watch. The men were little better to be fair.
  • Options
    The one's who have gone from the BDO to the PDC up their game and give a good account

Bit like us looking shit against accrington stanley but putting on a good display against Arsenal

It is pub-standard compared to the PDC

A bit of pub trivia

The guy who just won at ally pally is the first guy to win who has not won the BDO title
  • Options
    the pdc is the premiership of darts, lights music fit birds. i love it but the BDO will always play a part in mylife. i love it. the match before one guy scored 11 and he was 406!! gives us amatures a dream of getting onto the lakeside stage one day. The BDO is like visiting your jolly nan and grandad you dont want to go but once you get there you love it. Wolfie is a legend, looks like he was frozen in 1989!

Cash for gold bobby??

bobby2006-01-10a.jpg
  • Options
    boxed there so i made the dream come true lol
  • Options
    But do you not think you can go to your local on a league night and watch better matches than the BDO have? When I watch darts like any sport (yes I know I used that term that a few will question) I want to be watching the best play and think how the feck did they do that? I'm an ok player and enjoy playing but I know I will never be anyway near the standard on show at the Ally Pally.

As for those that have stepped up from the BDO, yes some do raise their game but most put in a hell of a lot more time practising and playing more tournaments just to be ready. Those good enough will always see the BDO as a stepping stone to the main event and that's where the problem is, surely the real talent will end up skipping and going straight to the PDC hence why I can't see a life for the BDO.
  • Options
    They stopped a match the other day because 1 fan called out and the crowd applauded!

Absolutely cannot stand the very smug Wolfie Adams. He thinks he's Mr Darts (he's a choker) and that all his jokes are just the funniest. His banter with Colin Murray is cringey.

He wouldn't get nowhere near the quarter finals of the PDC.

The PDC have made a huge mistake this year though........

Where's Nicola Cowell?, the finest thing to come out of Liverpool ever.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]
    Absolutely cannot stand the very smug Wolfie Adams. He thinks he's Mr Darts (he's a choker) and that all his jokes are just the funniest. His banter with Colin Murray is cringey.

Agreed.
    The commentary continues to state what great darts are being thrown the moment two 100+ throws are achieved.
    Unfortunatly, this is usually followed by a score of under 60.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's dreadful.

Martin you require 4.

Adams has been asked a couple of times by the PDC and has refused. Clearly knows he would get found out
  • Options
    Shame the PDC has to be on sky sports, I cannot afford that sort of money for sky sports add on, so the BDO is all I've got.
  • Options
    Aaah, the days of Bristow, Wilson, Anderson, Lowe, etc. Largely before the PDC, but always enjoyed watching the Lakeside finals.
    Haven't seen it for a few years, since Jelle Klaasen won it. He was great that year, but has never really stepped up, whilst in the PDC. Complacency, or the change in level? As Van Barneveld has done well since switching. I might have a look at the semi finals later, bring back some old memories.

That Bobby George picture is great! Dunno how he managed to lift the darts with all that gold on. :-D
  • Options
    It's good when the seeds stay in.

Unfortunately, the best players such as 'Grand Slam of Darts' winner Scott Waites, Ted Hankey, Tony O'Shea went out early.
  • Options
    This sums up the bdo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXEL3p1nGE0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]This sums up the bdo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXEL3p1nGE0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Jeebus! That was painful to watch! <:-o Followed it up with the greatest leg ever?
  • Options
    Seen bits and bobs of this week and yes the standard is not a patch on the PDC, however the likes of Webster, Whitlock, Stompe and Anderson have come across in the last 2/3 years and have proved there are decent players in the BDO. Would like to see Waites move across, and he has shown in the last 2 Grand Slam events that he can take on the Pdc boys and beat them.

Oh and finally, Stephen Bunting is Peter Griffin.
  • Options
    A 161 and 157 finish so far in the adams phillips final so the quality isn't as bad as everyone's making out. Anyway, sharon adams, would ya?
  • Options
    Shocking darts, and no not after Adams has been there ;0)
  • Options
    Can't bear to watch it. Shite darts with even worse commentary.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have to admit I love it. It's just a load of fella's from working men's clubs playing honest arrows. In saying that, i'm amazed the bbc still roll with it.
  • Options
    Appy, ssshhh don't tell everyone!!!
  • Options
    I guess a lot of Premier league football fans look at the other leagues in the same way as a lot of you see the BDO.
  • Options
    I don't think is a person I hate more in sports right now than Martin Adams, definitely going for the kiddy fiddler look.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]I guess a lot of Premier league football fans look at the other leagues in the same way as a lot of you see the BDO.

Difference with that is, the Lower League atmosphere's are probably better than the PL, unlike the BDO's
  • Options
    Wolfie is funny as piles.
  • Options
    time to close this pretence its truly awful
  • Options
    woeful boring darts. PDC anyday