Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Song Signed

TT
edited January 2007 in General Charlton
just got club text message

Comments

• Options
    By who?
  • Options
    from what ive seen of him he is rubbish.

thats based on about 60mins that ive seen though to be honest. a regular in their League Cup team i think
  • Options
    my Arsenal mate in the office doesn't rate him (but then he's a pr*ck and is just saying that cause he's left them)....according to a Yid in here, he did well in the 6-3 win at Liverpool and he reckons the Gooner would say that about any Arsenal player who left....
  • Options
    Dont trust those gooner mugs
  • Options
    have a bit of faith, we are hardly gonna sign someone who is crap, are we...?
  • Options
    my arsenal friend said he's a bit clumsy...
  • Options
    'a regular in their League Cup team'

Well that's light years better than our 1st team...

He played well at Anfield the other week.
  • Options
    We have enough clumbsy players already don't we..!
  • Options
    so have we signed him on loan then for sure??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]just got club text message
    I'm sat here thinking "why haven't i got a text?" - then realised I haven't turned my phone on yet today! D'oh!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    plus point to the official site for getting story up before the BBC or SSN

negative point for using "Going for a song" headline. Surely "Song and Dance" would have been better.
  • Options
    It's on OS now. Seems a bit odd this one, hardly falls into Murray's "tried and tested" category (see AGM thread) does it? I can't see him starting ahead of any of the ones we have already.
  • Options
    it took about 3 or 4 mins to get into the OS, but seen it now thanks

ney a bad signing IMO, looked ok in the arse second string, who i think would cane us.
  • Options
    Agree, three signings so far have been one for the future or at least a gamble, Thatcher being the exception arguably.
  • Options
    Can't get on the official site. Is it permanent or loan? And if permanent how much have we paid?
  • Options
    loan man, defo a loan
  • Options
    Shame its not a perm deal cos I'd have loved to have seen the headlines next season (if we were to stay up)

"Song for Europe" etc etc
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]my Arsenal mate in the office doesn't rate him (but then he's a pr*ck and is just saying that cause he's left them)....according to a Yid in here, he did well in the 6-3 win at Liverpool and he reckons the Gooner would say that about any Arsenal player who left....

Doesn't he rate him compared to Fabregas and Gilberto or doesn't he rate him compared to Holland or Hughesy?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]Shame its not a perm deal cos I'd have loved to have seen the headlines next season (if we were to stay up)

"Song for Europe" etc etc
    Adopting my Richar Madely head....." What is your favourite/worst UK Song for Europe?"
    For me, Best - Congratulations, Sir Cliff, can't believe it didn't win. Worst- Rock Bottom, Lindsy De Paul and Mike Moran
  • Options
    Honestly? I couldnt name a single one of them.... Even the one by Bucks Fizz
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite][cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]Doesn't he rate him compared to Fabregas and Gilberto or doesn't he rate him compared to Holland or Hughesy?

Ha, a very good point !
  • Options
    'shall we sing to you for song, shall we sing to you for song...'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]'shall we sing to you for song, shall we sing to you for song...'

dood, thats quality, i am starting that on sat! nice work
  • Options
    I suppose it's another body on board, think he is just another squad player in my opinion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]'shall we sing to you for song, shall we sing to you for song...'

dood, thats quality, i am starting that on sat! nice work
    #

Mate youre gonna get well confused innit!!

"Shall we for song a sing you to.........Ahh bollox"
  • Options
    How about a full rendition of Elton's "your song"
  • Options
    From the OS:

Charlton manager Alan Pardew has completed his second signing in three days following the loan capture of Arsenal youngster Alexandre Song.

The 19-year-old from Cameroon becomes the Addicks' fourth signing of the January window after Zheng Zhi, Ben Thatcher and Sunday's arrival of Madjid Bougherra, and he will aid Charlton's survival bid until the end of the season.

Song has featured in six games for the Gunners so far this term - two Premiership games, three Carling Cup outings and an appearance in the Champions League against Porto in September.

"We've been tracking Alexandre for some time and I am positive he'll be a great addition to our midfield as we continue our fight for Premiership survival.

"Arsenal received interest from several top Premiership club in Alexandre and I'm delighted that he has chosen to play the rest of the season at The Valley.

"He's only just back from international duty so I'm looking forward to working with him on the training ground as soon as possible and we will now have a little more competition for places this weekend against Chelsea.”

The Addicks boss added: "I would like to make a special point of thanking both Arsenal Wenger and David Dein for their help and assistance.”

Song has featured in six games for the Gunners so far this term - two Premiership games, three Carling Cup outings and an appearance in the Champions League against Porto in September.

He started Arsenal's memorable 6-3 Carling Cup quarter-final victory at Liverpool earlier this month - a game that also saw him register his first goal for the club.

Arsenal signed Song - nephew of former Cameroon international Rigobert Song - initially on loan from French second tier outfit SC Bastia in July 2005, but Arsene Wenger made the deal permanent the following year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]How about a full rendition of Elton's "your song"

That's for Andy Reid - Frist line changed to ...

"He's a little bit chubby....."
  • Options
    Not sure what to make of this, yes it's another body on board but can he go straight into the side and improve it, which is what we really need. He obviously has some quality otherwise Wenger wouldn't have signed him after having him on loan first. But he hasn't got much top flight experience. It also suggests that Pardew doesn't rate Walton as he's not giving him a go yet.
  • Options
    edited January 2007