Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thunderbirds

edited January 2011 in Not Sports Related
Can we all pay our respects to the fabulous Thunderbirds....

were they real ???

Comments

• Options
    Very real, and the new 2011 Thunderbird Storm is just gorgeous.
  • Options
    possibly the best of my childhood tv programms, are they still on tv ?
  • Options
    Fireball XL5 was my favourite.
  • Options
    Thought you meant the new Triumph motorbike, but if you want news of Thunderbirds then try Fanderson - the fan site of all things Gerry Anderson

A good friend used to do a lot of the set modelling
  • Options
    Space Patrol ........Galasphere 347, with the Martian parrot Gabbler
  • Options
    The Post Office have just brought out Thunderbird stamps. Captain Scarlet, Stingray, Joe 90 all feature in the FAB Genius of Gerry Anderson collection :-)
  • Options
    Gabbler, now thats a great call, with the revolving dial on his chest which enabled him to speak any language in the Universe,
    Thought he was on the aforementioned Fireball XL5, might just be Old Timers Disease kicking in again though !
  • Options
    In "Space Patrol", pee-wee. Definitely.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: raymondao[/cite]possibly the best of my childhood tv programms, are they still on tv ?

I don't think they are on at the moment but they have been. My lad who is now Eleven was mad on them from about aged three to seven. The programmes and the films were all put onto DVD.

They were brilliant. I remember the one where the rocket was being transported across the suspension bridge which couldn't hold its weight and it collapsed. My son called it "The Bridge Wobbly". We used to go across the Dartford Bridge fairly regularly and that bridge was named and is still referred to by all the family as "The Bridge Wobbly".

Happy days.
  • Options
    Supercar with Mike Mercury(?) and Professor Beaker, a monkey and a boy called Jimmy who was without doubt the ugliest puppet ever created. He truly was a monster. :-)
    Troy Tempest with his slightly uneven eyebrow was my favourite when I was a kid. And that Atlanta was a bit of a fox, better than prissy old Marina, who when she nodded her whole body moved!
    Great stuff back then :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Space Patrol

Gave me the f'king creeps - especially the theme tune.
  • Options
    Thanks Tiddy Oggie, will stick my fingers into a socket for some volt treatment and come out with my memory refreshed. LOL
  • Options
    Trivia,
    Troy Tempest was based on James Garner!
  • Options
    Marina, Aqua Marina..........................
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Captain Peacock[/cite]Thanks Tiddy Oggie, will stick my fingers into a socket for some volt treatment and come out with my memory refreshed. LOL

Shocking!
  • Options
    I wish I was a spaceman
    The fastest guy alive

I'd fly around the universe
    In Fireball XL5
  • Options
    I remember that, Shooters ..... the intro to the programme!
  • Options
    I love Gerry Anderson's stuff. I've just finished watching all the Thunderbirds episodes on DVD, followed by the 2 films, Thunderbirds are Go and Thunderbird 6. Now I'm waiting for the boxed DVDs of UFO to arrive.
  • Options
    Superthunderstingcar!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stuart the Red[/cite]I love Gerry Anderson's stuff. I've just finished watching all the Thunderbirds episodes on DVD, followed by the 2 films, Thunderbirds are Go and Thunderbird 6. Now I'm waiting for the boxed DVDs of UFO to arrive.
    UFO now we are talking :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    UFO! Clearly remember watching this for the first time on a visit round my Great Aunt's in Woolwich Road (lived opposite Eastmoor St before they widened the road). Such a vivid memory I can't even remember if we were playing at home or not that day
  • Options
    Gerry Anderson was talking on Radio 5 live last night saying they are going to make a new series of Thunderbirds this year, the presenter asked if it will be modernised with "no strings" but Gerry would not comment.
    He did say the new series would be better than the films because he had no input in the films, which surprised me.

So, watch this space Virgil cos Thunderbirds are GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]Gerry Anderson was talking on Radio 5 live last night saying they are going to make a new series of Thunderbirds this year, the presenter asked if it will be modernised with "no strings" but Gerry would not comment.
    He did say the new series would be better than the films because he had no input in the films, which surprised me.[/quote]

Linked on the Fanderson site.
    http://www.fanderson.org.uk/news/newseriesofthunderbirds.html
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]He did say the new series would be better than the films because he had no input in the films, which surprised me.[/quote]

I think he is referring to the American Film which came out a couple of years ago and was really crap.

He was definitely involved in Thunderbirds 6 and Thunderbirds Are Go. It says so in my Thunderbirds encyclopedia. There's boring for you ;o)
  • Options
    I would imagine that the new Thunderbirds would be similar in style to the Captain Scarlett revival from a few years back. No strings in that one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stuart the Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]He did say the new series would be better than the films because he had no input in the films, which surprised me.

I think he is referring to the American Film which came out a couple of years ago and was really crap.

He was definitely involved in Thunderbirds 6 and Thunderbirds Are Go. It says so in my Thunderbirds encyclopedia. There's boring for you ;o)

Lol, do you get out much Stu??
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    There will also be a new series of Superthunderstingcar!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    beats talking about trains i suppose
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [quote][cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Stuart the Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]He did say the new series would be better than the films because he had no input in the films, which surprised me.[/quote]

He was definitely involved in Thunderbirds 6 and Thunderbirds Are Go. It says so in my Thunderbirds encyclopedia. There's boring for you ;o)[/quote]

Lol, do you get out much Stu??[/quote]

Probably not as much as I should :o). However, the wife does say it keeps me out of trouble......
  • Options
    I remember waiting on a saturday morning at 10 for Thunderbirds to start, we couldn't "tape it" or "save to hard disc"
    you actually had to be there and tuned in at the right time to watch it or you missed it !!!
    do you think that is why the "older" generation (of which I am one) is so punctual ?
    I have had youngsters work for me and have no idea of punctuallity

So THANKYOU THUNDERBIRDS you instilled a good dissipline in my generation

so once again thunderbirds.......................save the world .....lol