Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New to Charlton Life

Hi everyone! been reading the forum for a while now, and finally thought it was time to join the debate! happy to be aboard, Just wanted to know if there is anything i should be aware of about operating on this site, thanks for your help in advance

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, what clique will you be in?
  • Options
    Im not really interested in cliques, just in open and honest debates, thanks for your help anyway
  • Options
    Hello, welcome to the asylum :-)
  • Options
    welcome
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MagicMendonca[/cite]Hi everyone! been reading the forum for a while now, and finally thought it was time to join the debate! happy to be aboard, Just wanted to know if there is anything i should be aware of about operating on this site, thanks for your help in advance

1). Don't Ever, EVER, talk to Oggy.
    2). Ask AFKA for your badge.
    3). Buy all "Lifers" apint in The Lib pre-match.

Enjoy.
  • Options
    Welcome, Sir Clive.
  • Options
    Welcome to the jungle.

Open honest debates are massive here. Please see the threads titled New bird from Countdown and Stat Bank
  • Options
    I wouldn't take me too seriously, Magic .....nobody else does(!)
    It''s just a long running cliche.

But you will need your official Charlton Life badge, so do apply to Admin for it.

Anyway, what are your train-spotting credentials, do you know who Jimmy South Stand is ......and finally (for your starter for ten), where is the Henry Irving statue?

If you get all of those right, Henry Irving himself will buy you a beer in the Liberal Club, before our next home match.
    Welcome!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ishgit[/cite]1). Don't Ever, EVER, talk to Oggy.

Enjoy.

Oi, Moggy, yer bugger ...... you beat me to it!!!
  • Options
    Be very careful what you and how you say it. Posters have been banned from here for incorrect spelling or a poor command of the English language so "if in doubt say nowt".

Notwithstanding the above welcome and enjoy the banter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Welcome MM. Its a great forum. Make sure you keep asking for your Badge, I am still waiting for mine.

Quoting - always set the "format comments" at the bottom of the comment box to BBcode. No self-respecting lifer gets this wrong more than once.............are you reading this Black Forest Red? :-)
  • Options
    You'll soon work out (if you haven't already) those who are here for a serious debate or just to take the piss and wind everyone up, although you should beware that some switch sides very frequently.;-)
    We all seem to start by just looking in through the window until you can tolerate it no more and want to put the world right.
    To sum it up, it's fun, infuriating, stupid and sometimes on the rarest of ocassions serious.

Welcome and enjoy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ishgit[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MagicMendonca[/cite]Hi everyone! been reading the forum for a while now, and finally thought it was time to join the debate! happy to be aboard, Just wanted to know if there is anything i should be aware of about operating on this site, thanks for your help in advance

1). Don't Ever, EVER, talk to Oggy.

Enjoy.
    4. A inside source is required if you wish to comment on any football related rumour in here!
  • Options
    Welcome and if you do decide to join a clique Oggy's ones the best. If you want an upbeat chat about the joys of Charlton then whisper northstandsteve. Enjoy your time here if you keep your head down the sentence goes really quick.

Oh and i know everything by the way ;-)
  • Options
    Thank you for the welcome everyone, drinks are on me before the next home game!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Quoting - always set the "format comments" at the bottom of the comment box to BBcode. No self-respecting lifer gets this wrong more than once.............are you reading this Black Forest Red? :-)

And I'll nominate .......Ken from Bexley!
    (round of applause from BBC canned laughter team)

;o)
  • Options
    Watch out for the bad spelling on here also :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]If you get all of those right, Henry Irving himself will buy you a beer in the Liberal Club, before our next home match.
    Welcome!

In consideration of the sterling work done on behalf of Addicks everywhere, we celebrate Henry Irving day on the first home game of the season. The venue is The Liberal Club and includes compulsory dress code of Addick shirt and a knitted cardigan of your choice.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MagicMendonca[/cite]Thank you for the welcome everyone, drinks are on me before the next home game!

Right, I'll be there!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Oh and i know everything by the way ;-)

Except how to beat the offside trap.

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Quoting - always set the "format comments" at the bottom of the comment box to BBcode. No self-respecting lifer gets this wrong more than once.............are you reading this Black Forest Red? :-)

And I'll nominate .......Ken from Bexley!
    (round of applause from BBC canned laughter team)

;o)

Maybe it's because he's an ex-BBC employee that he can't bring himself to check the BBCode box?!
  • Options
    1st rule of life club

there is no life club

2nd rule of life club

there is no life club
  • Options
    Very good! (Sorry, Ken).

;o)
  • Options
    I'm always wary of "new posters" who start a thread introducing themselves.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I'm always wary of "new posters" who start a thread introducing themselves.....

its the touching of themselves that really puts me off, unless they are female obviously
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Im newish....

Only been here about 6 months :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Oh and i know everything by the way ;-)

Except how to beat the offside trap.

;o)

OUCH !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I'm always wary of "new posters" who start a thread introducing themselves.....

Me too - still have get that "princess of positivity" muppet out of my head

and with a name of Harly Hittington something doesn't add up with this fella
  • Options
    and with a name of Harly Hittington something doesn't add up with this fella

LOL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MagicMendonca[/cite]Im not really interested in cliques, just in open and honest debates, thanks for your help anyway

Its best to come with a sense of humour really. If you can like.